Has anyone noticed this on the PS3 version?

#1 Posted by rawrsair (817 posts) -

I recently stuck Skyrim back in to play again after a break of a few months. I'd already completed the main quest line so I just wanted to do some exploring, etc. I was having fun running around after the undead, as you do, and fell through a trap on the floor into water. Where, I came across an annoying glitch/bug that really sucks, whenever I go into any kind of water the game freezes up, as well as my PS3. This has happened on numerous occasions. Has anyone else come across this at all?

#2 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

Delete your game data (not save data) and start up Skyrim again.

#3 Posted by rawrsair (817 posts) -

@MethodMan008: I forget about doing that. I'm stupid. Thanks for jogging my brain into action. Going to go drink a coffee.

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5396 posts) -

Yeah the PS3 1.4 or 1.5 patch glitched out the water and made the game crash. I think they fixed it.

#5 Posted by jasonefmonk (336 posts) -

Yep @MethodMan008 instructions are correct. And it was the 1.5 patch specifically. Shame because otherwise 1.5 has me back in Skyrim with two new characters and playing again.

#6 Posted by Vestigial_Man (308 posts) -

I had heard about this, but didn't come across it myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.