Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

How to disable/get rid of the Skyrim HD texture pack? (PC)

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Is there anyway to install Skyrim but with out the HD texture pack? And I don't mean to just disable the HD Texture Pack I mean keep steam from downloading it (the extra 4 or so Gigabytes)? Or is there no way from removing it from the DLC?

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@rebgav said:

I think that you have to elect to download it in the first place.

I did but, I'm going to use another computer to play Skyrim (& mod it) that just goes over the minimum requirements. My current computer can run the game fine, But my current computer is unusable for gaming currently. Now do you see my problem?

Beanpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beanpants

Easiest thing to do is when you have the start menu before it loads into the game proper (the one with the guy in the mountains with a few menu items like Play and Quit, etc), there's a menu item called DATA. If you click on that, you can uncheck the high res texture packs and the game won't load them until you re-check the boxes. You can also delete them from the data folder in your Skyrim directory on your hard drive.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@Beanpants said:

Easiest thing to do is when you have the start menu before it loads into the game proper (the one with the guy in the mountains with a few menu items like Play and Quit, etc), there's a menu item called DATA. If you click on that, you can uncheck the high res texture packs and the game won't load them until you re-check the boxes. You can also delete them from the data folder in your Skyrim directory on your hard drive.

Thank you for your response.

The names of the HD texture pack is HighResTexturePack01.esp, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.esp, HighResTexturePack02.bsa. Right? or is there more? Now if I delete this will Steam want to reinstall the HD DLC?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.