Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim: Dawnguard Review

Grambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Grambo
    No Caption Provided

Awful... Terrible... Boring... These are just a few of the words someone may use to describe the newest Elder Scrolls DLC... IF YOU'RE STUPID!! Yes folks, Dawnguard is here! And oh man, is it booming!

Early yesterday morning I woke up to the sight of the Dawnguard DLC package ready to be bought from XBLA. The awesome thing is, it can ONLY be bought on XBOX, for a few days, so haha to all of you other platform gamers. (:P JK) For the small price of 1600 Micro-points (=20$), you can buy the DLC. A funny part about it is it's only like 500 megabites or something crazy like that. So for those of you lacking hard drive space, this won't take much of a toll.

No Caption Provided

WELL! To begin the journey into this new series of questlines you must talk to ANY guard throughout the major cities. They should mention something about the new Dawnguard cult uprising. Only restriction is you must be at a minimum of level 10 to begin. I recommend being 20 before you start it because of difficulty purposes. You may also be approached by a member of the group, but I personally just started a conversation with the infamous "Arrow in the Knee" cheerleaders. After that you are told to head off to try and get into the Dawnguard at their home base which is located south of Riften.

I don't wish to really give many spoilers so I'll just let this be it. But I will be releasing a full review of the DLC once I play through both sides; Vampire and Dawnguard. I've already beaten the Dawnguard storyline on my main character. So I should have the review later today or tomorrow.

Please follow me for updated news and whatever else you wish to see! Thank you!

Grambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Grambo
    No Caption Provided

Awful... Terrible... Boring... These are just a few of the words someone may use to describe the newest Elder Scrolls DLC... IF YOU'RE STUPID!! Yes folks, Dawnguard is here! And oh man, is it booming!

Early yesterday morning I woke up to the sight of the Dawnguard DLC package ready to be bought from XBLA. The awesome thing is, it can ONLY be bought on XBOX, for a few days, so haha to all of you other platform gamers. (:P JK) For the small price of 1600 Micro-points (=20$), you can buy the DLC. A funny part about it is it's only like 500 megabites or something crazy like that. So for those of you lacking hard drive space, this won't take much of a toll.

No Caption Provided

WELL! To begin the journey into this new series of questlines you must talk to ANY guard throughout the major cities. They should mention something about the new Dawnguard cult uprising. Only restriction is you must be at a minimum of level 10 to begin. I recommend being 20 before you start it because of difficulty purposes. You may also be approached by a member of the group, but I personally just started a conversation with the infamous "Arrow in the Knee" cheerleaders. After that you are told to head off to try and get into the Dawnguard at their home base which is located south of Riften.

I don't wish to really give many spoilers so I'll just let this be it. But I will be releasing a full review of the DLC once I play through both sides; Vampire and Dawnguard. I've already beaten the Dawnguard storyline on my main character. So I should have the review later today or tomorrow.

Please follow me for updated news and whatever else you wish to see! Thank you!

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2  Edited By galiant

Good for you for being so excited about it. I'm pretty excited myself, but because of it being a timed exclusive...

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm so sick of having to wait longer than everyone else. Fallout/New Vegas/Skyrim being some of the games I've spent the most hours on these past few years, you can imagine how much time was spent waiting for DLC that other people had been enjoying for a good while.

How are you enjoying the crossbow? Are there many variants?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Grambo said:

Come on. Don't be that guy. That's not a nice trick.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Galiant said:

Good for you for being so excited about it. I'm pretty excited myself, but because of it being a timed exclusive...

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm so sick of having to wait longer than everyone else. Fallout/New Vegas/Skyrim being some of the games I've spent the most hours on these past few years, you can imagine how much time was spent waiting for DLC that other people had been enjoying for a good while.

How are you enjoying the crossbow? Are there many variants?

There are two. Only one if you side with vamps.

:(

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By galiant
    @Zacagawea Oh man, what a bummer...
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By FreakAche

I was about to go off on a huge rant when I saw the first few words, so it's a good thing I kept reading. Although I would prefer an expansion that adds an entirely new landmass like Shivering Isles did for Oblivion or Bloodmoon did for Morrowind, I've still been really enjoying the content that Dawnguard has to offer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.