Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Skyrim list of safe containers, that are non-respawning.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Sunesha
    Skyrim
    Skyrim

I have created a guide to non-respawning safe containers in The elder scrolls V: Skyrim. You are welcome to comment and contribute for more locations you can storage your loot safely.

Here is the guide:

List of safe storage

Updated: Link was broken

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sunesha
    Skyrim
    Skyrim

I have created a guide to non-respawning safe containers in The elder scrolls V: Skyrim. You are welcome to comment and contribute for more locations you can storage your loot safely.

Here is the guide:

List of safe storage

Updated: Link was broken

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sunesha

Sorry previous readers, I attached a faulty link to the guide.

If you have time, also if you know places that is not mentioned in above guide. Please, take the time to post them so I complete this list.

Cheers,

Sunesha

Jonnyflash80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Jonnyflash80

Thanks. This will come in pretty handy. Is there any limit to how many items can be stored in a chest/container? I know I have a crap ton of items in my Breezehome chest and I just keep throwing more and more in there without hitting a cap.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xMP44x

@Jonnyflash80 said:

Thanks. This will come in pretty handy. Is there any limit to how many items can be stored in a chest/container? I know I have a crap ton of items in my Breezehome chest and I just keep throwing more and more in there without hitting a cap.

There is no cap on how much you can put in one container. You can use the one container for all your stuff if you so desire.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By beforet

Though you could put as much stuff as you want in a container, it might cause lag later on. I know I had a really noticeable delay when using a chest that had hundreds of my items in it. So you might want to spread across multiple containers anyway.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By CptChiken

usefull now i can store stuff all over skyrim rather than having to keep going back to breezehome 

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sunesha

@CptChiken said:

usefull now i can store stuff all over skyrim rather than having to keep going back to breezehome

Hopefully I can find more places . . .

@Jonnyflash80 said:

None that I know off, in Fallout 3 I really maxed out with stuff. Same engine but newer.

EndrzGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By EndrzGame

When I was starting out I used one of the end tables in the Companions sleeping quarters. None of my stuff disappeared. I used it for a while till I could buy my first house. Just had to be careful not to steal the two items that were in there.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also, Hod and Gerdur's house in Riverwood has a chest in the very back that Ive used in my first play through.  Nothing respawned and I saved in front of that chest every time I would save just to make sure everything's there

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sunesha

@EndrzGame said:

When I was starting out I used one of the end tables in the Companions sleeping quarters. None of my stuff disappeared. I used it for a while till I could buy my first house. Just had to be careful not to steal the two items that were in there.

Great, I will make a new revision tomorrow. I just put in some stuff in same place of no value to check if there in 30 gamedays. I will give you credits for the find.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sunesha

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Also, Hod and Gerdur's house in Riverwood has a chest in the very back that Ive used in my first play through. Nothing respawned and I saved in front of that chest every time I would save just to make sure everything's there

Splendid, I will add this. Off course I will give you credit for it. :)

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sunesha said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Also, Hod and Gerdur's house in Riverwood has a chest in the very back that Ive used in my first play through. Nothing respawned and I saved in front of that chest every time I would save just to make sure everything's there

Splendid, I will add this. Off course I will give you credit for it. :)

Im not sure if 30 game days passed by....  Im pretty sure they did.  I played for probably 40 hours before I moved all my stuff to the Breeezehome
    Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sunesha

Guide updated with suggested safe storage in whiterun and rivorwood. Credits for those that help.

Changelog

0.5b

• Initial release
    • All edited but spouse houses

• Updated information concerning Breezehome, Honeyside
    • Two contributions for miscellaneous place. Riverwood and Whiterun.
    • Spell and typo Correction
    Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sunesha

Will come out with new version. As soon I enhanced everything. Better description of the locations and where to find them. Also pictures for reference. In the process I will also widen the information on the Skyrim Wiki here. I found my home here. ;)

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SlasherMan

I stashed my stuff at Anise's cabin after I killed her, until I got my first house. Seemed safe enough for the short amount of time I used it, and I didn't lose any of my belongings. But I can't be sure if it's 100% safe.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sunesha

@SlasherMan said:

I stashed my stuff at Anise's cabin after I killed her, until I got my first house. Seemed safe enough for the short amount of time I used it, and I didn't lose any of my belongings. But I can't be sure if it's 100% safe.

I will add it for my non-value stash test. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@xMP44x said:

There is no cap on how much you can put in one container. You can use the one container for all your stuff if you so desire.

I once put my broadsword in a rabbit I'd recently killed on the side of a road.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Turambar

While a bit obvious, the chests in your personal quarters after becoming head of a guild is also a safe spot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.