Skyrim list of safe containers, that are non-respawning.

Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -
Skyrim

I have created a guide to non-respawning safe containers in The elder scrolls V: Skyrim. You are welcome to comment and contribute for more locations you can storage your loot safely.

Here is the guide:

List of safe storage

Updated: Link was broken

#1 Edited by Sunesha (92 posts) -
Skyrim

I have created a guide to non-respawning safe containers in The elder scrolls V: Skyrim. You are welcome to comment and contribute for more locations you can storage your loot safely.

Here is the guide:

List of safe storage

Updated: Link was broken

#2 Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -

Sorry previous readers, I attached a faulty link to the guide.

If you have time, also if you know places that is not mentioned in above guide. Please, take the time to post them so I complete this list.

Cheers,

Sunesha

#3 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (505 posts) -

Thanks. This will come in pretty handy. Is there any limit to how many items can be stored in a chest/container? I know I have a crap ton of items in my Breezehome chest and I just keep throwing more and more in there without hitting a cap.

#4 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

@Jonnyflash80 said:

Thanks. This will come in pretty handy. Is there any limit to how many items can be stored in a chest/container? I know I have a crap ton of items in my Breezehome chest and I just keep throwing more and more in there without hitting a cap.

There is no cap on how much you can put in one container. You can use the one container for all your stuff if you so desire.

#5 Posted by Beforet (2934 posts) -

Though you could put as much stuff as you want in a container, it might cause lag later on. I know I had a really noticeable delay when using a chest that had hundreds of my items in it. So you might want to spread across multiple containers anyway.

#6 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

usefull now i can store stuff all over skyrim rather than having to keep going back to breezehome 

#7 Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -

@CptChiken said:

usefull now i can store stuff all over skyrim rather than having to keep going back to breezehome

Hopefully I can find more places . . .

@Jonnyflash80 said:

Thanks. This will come in pretty handy. Is there any limit to how many items can be stored in a chest/container? I know I have a crap ton of items in my Breezehome chest and I just keep throwing more and more in there without hitting a cap.

None that I know off, in Fallout 3 I really maxed out with stuff. Same engine but newer.

#8 Posted by EndrzGame (323 posts) -

When I was starting out I used one of the end tables in the Companions sleeping quarters. None of my stuff disappeared. I used it for a while till I could buy my first house. Just had to be careful not to steal the two items that were in there.

#9 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Also, Hod and Gerdur's house in Riverwood has a chest in the very back that Ive used in my first play through.  Nothing respawned and I saved in front of that chest every time I would save just to make sure everything's there

#10 Edited by Sunesha (92 posts) -

@EndrzGame said:

When I was starting out I used one of the end tables in the Companions sleeping quarters. None of my stuff disappeared. I used it for a while till I could buy my first house. Just had to be careful not to steal the two items that were in there.

Great, I will make a new revision tomorrow. I just put in some stuff in same place of no value to check if there in 30 gamedays. I will give you credits for the find.

#11 Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Also, Hod and Gerdur's house in Riverwood has a chest in the very back that Ive used in my first play through. Nothing respawned and I saved in front of that chest every time I would save just to make sure everything's there

Splendid, I will add this. Off course I will give you credit for it. :)

#12 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -
@Sunesha said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Also, Hod and Gerdur's house in Riverwood has a chest in the very back that Ive used in my first play through. Nothing respawned and I saved in front of that chest every time I would save just to make sure everything's there

Splendid, I will add this. Off course I will give you credit for it. :)

Im not sure if 30 game days passed by....  Im pretty sure they did.  I played for probably 40 hours before I moved all my stuff to the Breeezehome
#13 Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -

Guide updated with suggested safe storage in whiterun and rivorwood. Credits for those that help.

Changelog

0.5b

  • Initial release
  • All edited but spouse houses

0.55

  • Updated information concerning Breezehome, Honeyside
  • Two contributions for miscellaneous place. Riverwood and Whiterun.
  • Spell and typo Correction
#14 Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -

Will come out with new version. As soon I enhanced everything. Better description of the locations and where to find them. Also pictures for reference. In the process I will also widen the information on the Skyrim Wiki here. I found my home here. ;)

#15 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I stashed my stuff at Anise's cabin after I killed her, until I got my first house. Seemed safe enough for the short amount of time I used it, and I didn't lose any of my belongings. But I can't be sure if it's 100% safe.

#16 Posted by Sunesha (92 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

I stashed my stuff at Anise's cabin after I killed her, until I got my first house. Seemed safe enough for the short amount of time I used it, and I didn't lose any of my belongings. But I can't be sure if it's 100% safe.

I will add it for my non-value stash test. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

#17 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1333 posts) -

@xMP44x said:

There is no cap on how much you can put in one container. You can use the one container for all your stuff if you so desire.

I once put my broadsword in a rabbit I'd recently killed on the side of a road.

#18 Posted by Turambar (6894 posts) -

While a bit obvious, the chests in your personal quarters after becoming head of a guild is also a safe spot.

Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.