Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Where are the final PC system requirements?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz
    kaedeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kaedeno

Bethesda might be erring on the side of caution after the disastrous PC launch of Rage relating to various hardware specs they hadn't tested properly.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BonOrbitz

@kaedeno said:

Bethesda might be erring on the side of caution after the disastrous PC launch of Rage relating to various hardware specs they hadn't tested properly.

I hope this is the case. I didn't pick up Rage at launch like I was hoping to and am going to hold-out for awhile. I know the game is fine now, but my anticipation for Rage has subsided.

Anyway, with the recent 3 hour press event for Skyrim I thought maybe the specs would have been released then.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrOldboy

How does the game even on PC? Admittedly I haven't searched out any PC footage or PC version talk. But I've only seen the 360 version to this point.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JP_Russell

@MrOldboy said:

How does the game even on PC? Admittedly I haven't searched out any PC footage or PC version talk. But I've only seen the 360 version to this point.

I would guess it looks exactly the same with universally longer draw distances, larger textures, and more texture caching abounding. Higher screen resolutions goes without saying.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrOldboy

@JP_Russell said:

@MrOldboy said:

I would guess it looks exactly the same with universally longer draw distances, larger textures, and more texture caching abounding. Higher screen resolutions goes without saying.

C'mon going by PC releases lately... From what I've seen, I think the lead platform is the 360. That's from a consumer perspective. Maybe the PC was lead, they haven't expressed it in a way that I would know about it. Therefore I have plenty to be worried about and will not assume any of the listed "enhances" you mentioned will exist when the PC version is out. For all I know its a console port. I am hoping the lead was PC, but haven't investigated or heard that it was.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JP_Russell

@MrOldboy said:

@JP_Russell said:

@MrOldboy said:

C'mon going by PC releases lately... From what I've seen, I think the lead platform is the 360. That's from a consumer perspective. Maybe the PC was lead, they haven't expressed it in a way that I would know about it. Therefore I have plenty to be worried about and will not assume any of the listed "enhances" you mentioned will exist when the PC version is out. For all I know its a console port. I am hoping the lead was PC, but haven't investigated or heard that it was.

I wasn't implying PC was the lead platform - quite the opposite. The things I listed are typical for console-focused multiplatform games on the PC and are relatively minor enhancements at best.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edwardryu

it's Monday night. where is it?

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By rentfn

I played Oblivion on 360 because my computer at the time was a rubbish, in fact it was the reason I bought a 360 was for it. Some friends in college had better rigs and it looked amazing on PC. I have a pretty good rig now and I should be able to play it with the settings up high. I hope the launch goes smoother then other recent PC games.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BonOrbitz

@rentfn said:

I played Oblivion on 360 because my computer at the time was a rubbish, in fact it was the reason I bought a 360 was for it. Some friends in college had better rigs and it looked amazing on PC. I have a pretty good rig now and I should be able to play it with the settings up high. I hope the launch goes smoother then other recent PC games.

Yeah, same here. After seeing what happened with id software my confidence in any publisher/developer who has a long, successful history with the PC platform is on shaky ground. That is, until patches are released. I'd like to think that the reason it's taking so long for the PC specs is because they're "giving it their all" and want to take their time in making sure it'll run great on PC before they announce anything. Well, that's the impression I get from the Pete Hines' latest statement anyway.

What are your rig's specs?

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Stahlbrand

Here is a tweet from Monday afternoon by DCDecon (Pete Hines, head of Bethesda PR)

Testing for PC specs is going to run into tomorrow. Sorry, I tried. Shouldn't have given a timeframe without being sure. Apologies.

So, there you go.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Aishan
    Min PC specs: Win XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit), dual core 2GB, 2GB RAM, DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM, Internet Access for Steam activation
    Recom PC specs: Win XP/7, quad-core Intel/AMD CPU, 4GB RAM, 6GB HD, DX compat snd card, DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
    The Min specs get you playing,. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Aishan said:

Min PC specs: Win XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit), dual core 2GB, 2GB RAM, DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM, Internet Access for Steam activation
    Recom PC specs: Win XP/7, quad-core Intel/AMD CPU, 4GB RAM, 6GB HD, DX compat snd card, DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
    The Min specs get you playing,. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon

Thanks for the heads up! High it is.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Cool my 4 year old computer should be able to play this just fine.....Hopefully.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By emergency

At least it shows they aren't prepared to just make shit up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.