jbrosk89's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) review

Great Game

This game is amazing. Though on the 360, the initial release was a bit glitchy...it was rarely game-breaking. With a game that is such a large world and contains SO many intricate pieces, there's no wonder that the initial release had some minor glitches. Now, after a few updates, the game runs fine and looks phenomenal. The quests are pretty varied, the puzzles can be varied in difficulty, and the depth of the fiction and dedication to that fiction is quite impressive. Though certain aspects can get repetitive, I have played upwards of 60 hours+ and still enjoy the little things I am still finding or hadn't noticed. I am eagerly anticipating some DLC, but the game is by no means lacking in the content department. If you are a fan of other Bethesda titles, this game is most certainly for you. I do not know where Bethesda will go in the DLC or future games in the ES series...but I am sure it will be deep and polished.

Other reviews for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)

Bethesda have perfected the formula 0

If I had to use one word to sum up The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the sequel to Bethesda's critically acclaimed 2006 game Oblivion, that word is epic. Although to use only one word to describe a game so large and detailed seems almost unfair. You can quite easily spend 100 hours exploring Skyrim’s rich Nordic world discovering bustling towns populated by chattering pedestrians, joining secret guilds, crafting potions, marrying a local, attending a college of magic and so much more. All that withou...

One of the deepest open-ended RPGs to date. 0

Most games earn the unflattering distinction of being catalysts of social destruction. Is the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim any different? No, not really. Yet, if you can allow yourself to cave in, a hugly rewarding experience can be found therein; an experience unlike any game in the market today. The fifth in the hugely successful Elder Scrolls RPG series makes its infallible mark in the fabric of the franchise, and just might possibly be one of the greatest video games ever made. Such a claim is op...