Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls

Franchise »

The Elder Scrolls is a long-running franchise of role-playing games made by Bethesda Softworks. The series is known for offering much freedom to the player and many choices of how to play.

Wondering about The Elder Scrolls

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By saoakden

I have heard the name Elder Scrolls a number of times in the past and I never really bother to look into it. I recenlty saw the game again while I was watching a countdown about weird glitches and saw the game on Amazon. Here is what I'm wondering. What is Elder Scrolls about? From what I can tell its a nice looking action rpg. It looks interesting and I'm wondering what the story is with the series. I'm thinking about picking up the games but i want to know more about it the series before I do. & in case anyone was wondering which ones I was thinking about picking up, it would be the 4th and 5th games mainly because they're on the 360 and I have a 360.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

No real offense but have you been living under a rock? Elder Scrolls is one of the biggest (If not biggest) RPG series out there. Go watch the Skyrim quicklook. Huge open worlds with lots of quests and loot. Each game has a different story. There is WAY to much to say about the games so go check out a wiki or a review of the games.  

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By alexl86

It's only the biggest thing to happen in video games last year. Multiple game of the year awards. Sold 3,4 million in 2 days.

Seriously though, you're plunged into a huge world, you pick a race at the start of the game and you level up by using skills. The game starts you on a quest, but you can completely abandon that when you're done with the tutorial. You're free to go where you please, you'll run into different characters, do various quests and discover new locations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.