Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Evil Within

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

While investigating a mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos descends into a gruesome, nightmarish world. This third-person survival horror game marks the debut of Tango Gameworks, a studio headed by Resident Evil progenitor Shinji Mikami.

Release Date: 26th August NA , 29th for EU

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Evil Within will be available on August 26 in North America and August 29 in Europe.

The latest horror title from scaremaster and Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, The Evil Within is set for release on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on those dates.

It marks the return of Shinji Mikami to a genre he helped to define through his seminal work on the Resident Evil series. We’re talking about the man who directed Resident Evil 4 here.

It’s true to say that in recent years he's strayed from the genre, but has continued to produce work that is both memorable and often eccentric (Vanquish, Shadows of the Damned). The release of The Evil Within feels like a homecoming. So far the imagery has been disturbing, grubby, unsettling – as you'd expect – but there also seems to be a generous helping of psychological torment slopping around with the more gruesome stuff.

Source

This is actually earlier than i expected. I though this would come out in October round Halloween time but it is great to know it is coming sooner.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I like that the screenshots feature some locations outside the mansion, with a bunch of cool, and scary trees outside. August sounds awesome.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't edit my Post.....

Here is the Official Box art.

No Caption Provided

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

Can't wait to play this game on ps4, its going to get real nasty.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HeyGuys

I don't even want to wait that long.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great. Hopefully this will be the revitalization of the "true" survival horror game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

God, that box art is great.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Wow, that's definitely a lot sooner than I expected. I would have guessed it'd be somewhere around October, maybe September at the earliest. Least now I know the deadline for when I gotta get myself a PS4.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Guess I'm the opposite of everyone else, I was expecting it around May. Still, super excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.