Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Gunstringer

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 19, 2011

When betrayed and left to die by his posse, the undead Gunstringer seeks revenge in this marionette-inspired Kinect rail shooter.

Demo thoughts

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I just checked it out and it was surprisingly fun to play. The painting targets with the right hand and throwing your arm back to shoot works really well. You also raise your left hand to jump over obstacles which also plays into the side-scrolling platforming levels. In some levels you have to fight enemies the old fasioned way where you use the left hand to jump and the right had to punch dudes in the face.

The old west style narrator is pretty funny and is a little like the narrator in Bastion in the way he talks about all your actions(except in the old west accent). Obviously the length of the game will decide if this is worth a $60 purchase but the demo deffinatly got me excited to see the full game.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89  Online

I only watched my niece play the trial game and it reminded me of Comic Jumper. The point of view behind the Gunstringer while shooting reminded me of those sections in Comic Jumper where the camera moved itself and you had to aim with a reticle. Granted, it was easier in this game, but I wasn't the biggest fan of Comic Jumper's overall gameplay, especially this type. During the parts where you're basically running around and ascending multiple staircases and whatnot, that, too, reminded me of Comic Jumper in how you simply punched toward the Kinect to defeat enemies. No big challenge there other than timing your jumps over saws.

I guess I can count on Twisted Pixel to be silly and not woo me with their gameplay mechanics. But, hey, I'm an asshole, maybe it's actually awesome.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Superharman

Enjoyed it a lot, everything had a good feel to it. Occasionally the Kinect didn't react, but that's only because I was slightly off center because I was too lazy to move things. Sitting down was also greatly appreciated.

Given it is a budget title, I'm going to pick it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.