4 stars 4/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 1 releases and 0 DLC

A fresh experience from a worn genre. 0

I have a bad history with adventure games. They lure me in with the prospect of an interesting story, stripped of any ludonarrative dissonance with their simple and accessible mechanics that don't break up the game. It's like reading an interactive comic book without having to get mad at ridiculous plot points or canon-shattering retcons. But then I remember that I have no patience. I cannot contend with my least favourite trope of adventure games, which is apparently unforgiving/unclear/unbeara...

Takes all the right inspiration from the classics 0

The Journey Down exudes style and creativity. The writing rarely missed a beat, Bwana (the player character) in particular had me hooked from the first few minutes with his sunny disposition and corner-cutting attitude. Over it's short 2 hour runtime, it managed to pull of some really great laughs while also hinting at some more serious and emotional story sections. The puzzles are usually straight forward and for the most part pretty easy. There where no puzzles that stood out as great or on t...