Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XII

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 10, 2009

The twelfth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series features a complete overhaul of the series' 2D graphics, with the first major overhaul of the series' character sprites in 13 years.

I like this game.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

I've fallen in love with the character design. Backgrounds are beautifully detailed, though a little bright and can detract from the characters. The system is very, very cool as well. The Critical Counter System is one of my favorites as well. I get a little excited when I get to pull it off.

Besides the lack of stages, missing of one or two modes and not-so-great online play, I don't think there is much wrong with King Of Fighters XII. I know that in itself seems like a lot, but I hope they learn from this experience and just add to this game for XIII.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

I like it a lot, too.  I find the gameplay, art direction, and graphical execution great.  As it is, the "game" itself is perfectly fine and a nice break from SFIV IMO.
    The only problem is that the lack of modes has left me a bit wanting.  It isn't so bad right now as I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of characters, but soon I'm going to want to play against live opponents and that doesn't seem possible right now.
    Other than that, I would go as far as saying that I LOVE KOF XII.  I just wish there was a little bit more to love.  If it were a value-priced game, it'd be perfect.  It's just kinda hard to recommend at a 60 dollar price point.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I love the systems in this game. The Critical Counter system is amazing. I firmly believe that this is a great game for parties, as well. This is one of the few games you can probably play with a girlfriend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.