Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Story

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 27, 2011

A Wii-exclusive RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi's studio Mistwalker. It tells the tale of a young mercenary that dreams to become a knight, but finds himself immersed in adventure and political intrigue after a mysterious power is bestowed upon him.

System Update on Last Story disk for a modded Wii

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

(This post does not condone modding, emulators, or hacking of consoles. I purchased Tha Last Story legitimately from EB. This is just a question to others who are/were in the same situation.)

I just put TLS in the drive and it's asking me to update. The thing is though, I have a softmodded Wii which I use for GBA and SNES emulators. I bought The Last Story when it came out here in Canada (so Saturday) and I'm just getting around to it now... but it's asking me to update the Wii and there are some warnings about homebrew programs, and how it might override some things. Has anyone with a modded Wii gone ahead and done the update?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bocam

@xyzygy said:

(This post does not condone modding, emulators, or hacking of consoles. I purchased Tha Last Story legitimately from EB. This is just a question to others who are/were in the same situation.)

I just put TLS in the drive and it's asking me to update. The thing is though, I have a softmodded Wii which I use for GBA and SNES emulators. I bought The Last Story when it came out here in Canada (so Saturday) and I'm just getting around to it now... but it's asking me to update the Wii and there are some warnings about homebrew programs, and how it might override some things. Has anyone with a modded Wii gone ahead and done the update?

DO NOT UPDATE

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy

@Bocam: Can you tell me why? Was yours softmodded via Smashstack and did it do anything to yours? Please share your reasons/experience.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

@xyzygy said:

@Bocam: Can you tell me why? Was yours softmodded via Smashstack and did it do anything to yours? Please share your reasons/experience.

The update will overwrite any modding it detects and remove unlicensed programs from your Wii.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bocam

@xyzygy: At best it'll remove your mods, at worst it'll brick your Wii (like it did mine though it is fixable) There are ways to block the update but I can't tell you them here.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By coaxmetal

put it in yo computer and play it on dolphin it will look better anyway

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

@Bocam: OK Sweet, thanks. That's all I needed to know. I had an app installed that could bypass it. I just needed to know if it was safe to update or not.

EDIT: Back in December, I had gotten a similar message after I had purchased and inserted Skyward Sword... I pressed install to the update and it didn't harm my Wii, but this one gave warnings and such beforehand so it seemed a little more threatening.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

The update isn't going to break your Wii. Worst case scenario, your Wii is unhacked and you have to wait for the hacks to be updated to put them back. Any software on your SD card will remain untouched.

Are you just using the Homebrew Channel/BootMii? Maybe something would go wrong if you're using other shady stuff like custom IOSes or whatever, but you shouldn't be using those anyway if all you're doing is console emulation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.