Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The first original The Legend of Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS and also a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past set six generations after.

Anyone else really like the new dungeon items? *spoilers*

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm talking about the tunics, magic scroll, titan's mitt, etc. In previous Zelda games, I found myself kinda getting tired of doing dungeons by the end of them because they almost never gave me anything that cool. Sure, you got the typical Zelda tools like the hook shot in them, but that just never did it for me. Maybe because they were required? I dunno. I pretty much never got tired of the dungeons in this game however simply because I was super excited to see what cool new upgrade I would find inside. It made finding big chests actually exciting for once, because I knew one of them wasn't just gonna contain the Boss Key or a run-of-the-mill Zelda tool that I've seen and used a million times before.

My point is, I hope the Wii U Zelda follows in this game's footsteps in this department, and then some. I want more upgrades in chests, and less pointless rupees. And if some people don't like the renting system, then why not just have both required and optional items in dungeons? I mean, you can find rupees by cutting some grass, there's no need for 90 percent of dungeons chests to contain them. Espically not when it's only, like, a blue one.

Did you guys like the new upgrade stuff, or do you prefer having just required items in your Zelda dungeons? 'Cause I know some people are totally against Zelda becoming anymore of an RPG than it already is.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The tunics and the Titan's Mitt were from previous games, though.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Steadying

@hailinel: Well, yeah, but the fact that the tunics halved damage made them way cooler for me. I guess you're right about the titan's mitt, but still!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel: Well, yeah, but the fact that the tunics halved damage made them way cooler for me. I guess you're right about the titan's mitt, but still!

Well, the tunics have had damage reduction properties in past games, too.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I'm talking about the tunics, magic scroll, titan's mitt, etc. In previous Zelda games, I found myself kinda getting tired of doing dungeons by the end of them because they almost never gave me anything that cool. Sure, you got the typical Zelda tools like the hook shot in them, but that just never did it for me. Maybe because they were required? I dunno. I pretty much never got tired of the dungeons in this game however simply because I was super excited to see what cool new upgrade I would find inside. It made finding big chests actually exciting for once, because I knew one of them wasn't just gonna contain the Boss Key or a run-of-the-mill Zelda tool that I've seen and used a million times before.

My point is, I hope the Wii U Zelda follows in this game's footsteps in this department, and then some. I want more upgrades in chests, and less pointless rupees. And if some people don't like the renting system, then why not just have both required and optional items in dungeons? I mean, you can find rupees by cutting some grass, there's no need for 90 percent of dungeons chests to contain them. Espically not when it's only, like, a blue one.

Did you guys like the new upgrade stuff, or do you prefer having just required items in your Zelda dungeons? 'Cause I know some people are totally against Zelda becoming anymore of an RPG than it already is.

Did 90% of the them contain rupees? I finished that game last week and remember the majority of dungeon chests containing silver keys. And early on I wanted as much money as I could muster...

Also, tunics that lower damage are not new to the series. Neither is an upgradable sword. Neither are gloves that let you lift heavy rocks.

That game is amazing though.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah whatever. My point was I hope future Zelda games contain a lot of cool upgrades, but the ones I've played didn't really have anything all that great. (Every 3D one. MM had sword upgrades, but I don't remember much else).

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Other than what everyone has mentioned about them already being in the series, I can see that. Once you realize that big chests can contain an item other than the one that gets you through the dungeon it can be much more exciting but they would really need to go all out in order to make that work, which I don't see them doing.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pandabear: A lllllot of dungeon chests contain money. Sure, there are some keys, but they're handing out 20/50 rupees like it's going out of style. Still, the game has some significant money sinks, so it makes sense.

I still can't believe how much money there is lying around Ocarina of Time, when the game literally has no big purchases. Like, the only way you could keep needing money is if you're really shit at the archery minigame or bombchu minigame, or if you're terrible at winning the horse race (even though Epona is technically optional).

I can't blame OP for being too young to have played Link to the Past (I wildly assume). It happens. But man, remember when Zelda games were in 2D and you actually took damage and died a few times, so getting damage reduction items actually made sense? Remember that? I don't know if they merely need to adjust damage values or something, but it saddens me how painfully easy it is in all the 3D Zeldas to really never come very close to death. Have some enemies that do 2 or 3 hearts of damage, aside from the final boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.