Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Hard mode bosses?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

So I'm hearing some pretty interesting things about the hard mode DLC that just came out and I wanted to know if it does anything to make bosses more of a challenge. It would be really silly if Ganon and the other bosses were easier than certain regular enemies on hard mode too.

I was thinking of starting over on hard mode and putting some inventory restrictions on myself (played a lot on normal, got like 80 shrines but I never made it to the bird village or Ganon). Will hard mode make the final fight into an appropriate climax for the game instead of the breeze it's probably going to be if I do it on normal mode with the master sword and all the stuff I got on playing for 70-100 hours?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did no one play this or something?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

I haven't touched the Hard Mode yet, but it sounds like a lot of its changes affect the difficulty of enemies in the overworld, increasing their rank (I think the game mostly just skips right past red bokoblins from the start) and giving enemies regenerating HP and populating the world with tougher enemies (the Great Plateau now has a Lynel on it). I haven't read anything specifically about the bosses or Ganon fight changing. Maybe there is a flat damage and/or HP increase to all enemies in the game (that would also affect bosses), but that's about the most I would expect. Changing overworld enemy spawns is easy, changing anything about a fancy scripted boss fight is not.

http://zelda.gamepedia.com/Master_Mode

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pyrodactyl

@bisonhero: One the one hand, yes hard mode bosses would be difficult to implement. On the other hand though, it would be very stupid for Ganon to be a wet noodle on hard mode.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pyrodactyl

Anyone made it to a hard mode boss yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.