Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

Do You Use A Guid When Playing Zelda?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mattysen

That Guid is missing an "e"... Oh well

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I typically play through a Zelda game once without the guide. Then, I find a guide and replay it and get everything in the game, for the sake of completeness.  It gets shelved for a while after that, but I come back to it several more times just for fun.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

This is pretty ambiguous, if you mean the original legend of zelda on Nes then yes. Because honestly there is very little (if any) indication on where you should be going or what you should be doing.

from Lttp on i'd say it's pretty easy to get through the games without any sort of guide.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Scooper

Nope, I don't.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I did for Ocarina and Majoras mask. I didn't for wind waker and twilight princess.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Willy105

I hate to admit it, but all the time. But only after a month of trying everything. Which happens all the time.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By krystians

I did not use a guide to complete the game, just around once or twice or tough parts. 

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mattysen

Well I played the N64 Zelda games as a 6 year old or something, and I couldnt even get past the opening few parts of the game!
    And recently I joined the bandwaggon on Zelda: Phatom Hourglass, finding that I would say mind numbingly challenging, even though I couldnt be arsed to complete it 2/3s of the way in. 
    So I gave Twlight Princess a go, and damn. I tried doing it without a guide. But that got mad fustrating. I am about the least diligent gamer ever. 

For instance, The Lakebed Temple, I had just about no idea in hell how to do that. Mulitple doors, and different water levels. That dungeon was one of the hardest thing Ive personally faced in a game. It took me 5 hours just to get through! 
    Another thing about that is The Temple Of Time when you have to find The Boss Key, how is anyone supose to know about that...

I dont know why I suck so hard at Zelda, I guess Im just not the puzzle type. 
    I find Metriod fine on the other hand (2-D Metriod that is), but that is because I just close myself off from the outside world and play for fun exploring.

Ekasra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Ekasra

I have to be honest, Twilight Princess was the first game I didn't use a guide on, and I've been playing since the NES era. Majora's Mask is particularly tough without any help.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By clubsandwich

god no.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ

I use one whenever I get irreparably stuck, but thankfully that doesn't happen too often.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Diamond

I bought a guide for Link to the Past to find the last heart container piece.  I had literally found everything else but that.

I used a guide extensively for Zelda 1 and 2 on NES.

I haven't gotten as much into recent Zelda games but I probably looked up a thing or two I got stuck on in OOT.  Maybe some TP lookups too, I can't remember.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Seedofpower

I wouldn't call my self talented or gift but when I did play Zelda games I only had enough money for just the game. Since the Dawn of the Internet, I haven't  played another one.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

My first Zelda I played through completely with my 3 issues of tips and tricks and I only use it if I get really stuck. My record is looking at a guide 3 times for one Zelda game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My first, and I think even second time through the notorious water temple in OoT I used a guide for. Didn't use it for any other parts of the game or at all on my 3rd/4th/5th/etc playthroughs.

Man I miss playing OoT with my mates when I was younger. We used to have races to see who could finish the game the fastest. We'd call each other up every hour or so to see where they were up to. So much fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.