Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Matrix Online

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 22, 2005

The Matrix Online was an MMORPG that continued the story of the Matrix franchise past the third film, 'Revolutions'. The game featured a unique 'Interlock' combat system, flexible skill allocation and a constantly evolving storyline that players could interact with. The game was shut down on July 31st, 2009.

I think Obama is the Architect!

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lukeissxc

He forgot to mention the blue pill takes longer to work and has side effects of raising the national deficit

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @lukeissxc said:
    " He forgot to mention the blue pill takes longer to work and has side effects of raising the national deficit "
    plus the fact that we'd all be living in a dream world when our bodies are in fact being used to power a massive machine city!
    bane63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bane63

Also, you can only get the blue pill from a committee that decides whether or not you get the blue pill.

McPlated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McPlated

Sups drudgereport.com - whats going on?

SketchyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SketchyBrown

I heard that speach coming from the living room last night while parousing the kitchen for some cornetto-flavored icecream. I lol'd and wondered if the persons watching/speaking understood how badly they undermined themselves by using such a blatantly out of place, albiet most likely unintentional, metaphor.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    @bane63 said:
    " Also, you can only get the blue pill from a committee that decides whether or not you get the blue pill. "
    And if that's a problem to you then you can just pick the red pill instead. No one is forcing anyone to pick the blue pill.
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Snipzor

Sorry, but that article is from the Washington Examiner, and I refuse to read anything from there just as I never read something from Freerepublic and WorldNetDaily, abeit to a lesser extent. Just look at their front page headlines. They suck.

Although I think it should be pointed out that Obama is a Trekker (A lesser version of a Trekkie, see "Trekkies 2" for more information). Instead of name dropping, he drops references. But I am truly disapointed, really, the Matrix? You don't reference the Matrix in a speech, or in conversation, ever.
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Jedted
    @Snipzor said:
    "But I am truly disapointed, really, the Matrix? You don't reference the Matrix in a speech, or in conversation, ever."

Especially when that movie is over 5 YEARS OLD.
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By baconbits33
    @AgentJ: Yes but they are forcing you to pay for the blue pill.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Keyser_Soze

THE BLUE PILL IS DECEPTION, IT IS DECEIT, IT IS A LIE!!!

Take the Red Pill and wake up.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snipzor
    @baconbits33: Well forcing is the wrong expression to use. It would be more accurate to say that the blue pill is made to be much more desirable than the red one. Also much more reliable, and trustworthy.
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By baconbits33
    @Snipzor: Once again.... even if your not taking the blue pill, you still have to pay for it.

Plus I like to think of the blue pill as a Mike and Ike candy, and the red one as a Hot Tamale.
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snipzor
    @baconbits33: That would be if the only choice ever is the blue pill, but in reality... okay no more metaphors.

In reality, you are thinking of a single payer system, which is not being discussed which costs money. A government option is being talked about, which pays for itself (But doesn't actually solve the problem, yet) and only needs startup funds payed via the wealthiest which in reality have the highest to sacrifice (And still have tons left). That is why it is called an option, because you don't have to take it or pay for it. Even though it is cheaper and is proven to be more efficient that HMOs who are the real boogymen beaurocrats.
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By baconbits33
    @Snipzor: I like the metaphor so Imma keep going with it.

What the Mexican version of Morpheus said was that Americans are gonna have to pay more taxes (now we might not be charged as much as the rich) but we still are gonna pay for it. And that government option also includes Zion getting hold of all of our medical records and making them no longer private, and I know the mexican version of Morpheus never said he would do that, however it is the only way the program would work. And as a middle class american I myself do not agree with taxing the rich, it is highly unethical being that most of them earned that money, so why should they have to pay for it? Now here's also the thing, that Blue pill idea will also begin to ruin private practices since it encourages that you don't use those private medical care which will cause a lot of people to lose their jobs. And since when should we as Americans allow the government to tell us if we can receive medical care?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Oh yeah. This thread that is only tangentially related to The Matrix Online reminds me why I filter out Off Topic.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snipzor
    @baconbits33: There is going to be a series of mixed metaphors if we go on like this. And my knowledge of Matrix mythos is very limited.

Know the whole taxation thing with a government option isn't exactly going to happen, in fact the chances of it not happening are much higher than the odds that Americans will be taxed. I mean the government spends more for HMOs than they do with Medicare and Medicaid. That has little to do with this discussion, but that's just a visual aid for us.
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By baconbits33

Okay, now granted that this whole bill odds isn't gonna even happen, however I will agree that some american's need this bill to go through, however it would help if in the future when the economy isn't breaking down that people would have the OPTION of becoming part of this program, and when I say option I mean that they sign a paper saying they are taking part in this, and that they are willing to pay the taxes for it. However the other people that would rather have their medical records be private and not pay the taxes will pay for their own medical care, and not have to pay taxes. 

SketchyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SketchyBrown

NO NO NO NO STOP THIS CRAZY POLITICAL BULLSHIT - IT HAS NO PLACE ON A VIDEOGAME WEBSITE!

Besides - we have the machines' impending doom to worry about!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.