Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Matrix Online

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 22, 2005

The Matrix Online was an MMORPG that continued the story of the Matrix franchise past the third film, 'Revolutions'. The game featured a unique 'Interlock' combat system, flexible skill allocation and a constantly evolving storyline that players could interact with. The game was shut down on July 31st, 2009.

Life after the matrix

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Wildfire570

So when MxO does shut down for good, I wonder what the people in the community will do at that point?

Any ideas?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Cry, and move onto something else. Obviously they can't keep playing The Matrix Online.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Scooper

They'll get mocked by members of GiantBomb in this thread. Unfortunatly.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Probably move on to another MMO. Maybe Eve Online?

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wildfire570

I guess its the Giant Bomb users who will have the last laugh.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pazy

It sucks that they are getting mocked all the time. MMO's are something you spend so much time with and for a lot of people it becomes part of them (however sad you feel that is). To mock them when this is happening is like mocking someone when there cat gets run over because you dont like cats. 

Though I doubt they would move to Eve Online, if they are to move to another MMO id would probably be a similer MMO so at least not Eve Online (since its in a ship and feels very diffrent) more like some Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine since it has melee and guns.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Pazy said:
    "

It sucks that they are getting mocked all the time. MMO's are something you spend so much time with and for a lot of people it becomes part of them (however sad you feel that is). To mock them when this is happening is like mocking someone when there cat gets run over because you dont like cats. 

Though I doubt they would move to Eve Online, if they are to move to another MMO id would probably be a similer MMO so at least not Eve Online (since its in a ship and feels very diffrent) more like some Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine since it has melee and guns.

"

Am I the only one who believes that a short Endurance Run of the Shin Megami Tensei MMO would be interesting?
    Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wildfire570
    @FluxWaveZ:  If they do have an endurance run on that game that would be awesome.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pazy
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Pazy said:
    "

"
    Am I the only one who believes that a short Endurance Run of the Shin Megami Tensei MMO would be interesting? "
    The story isnt anywhere near as interesting but a short one would surely be fun. Especially since its a free MMO then everyone could meet up with them and do stuff. We could be the story :p
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By CowMuffins

They'll probably commit suicide and go live with Morpheus.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    @FluxWaveZ: I've never heard of that MMO. Is it any fun?
    Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Zaapp1

Count the days til SWTOR

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By StarFoxA

They should all come to Giant Bomb! Then we'll be a big happy family! Hooray, diversity!

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wildfire570
    @Agnogenic: Its pretty solid for a free MMO, better than most free to play MMOs.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Pazy said:
    "@FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Pazy said:
    "

"
    Am I the only one who believes that a short Endurance Run of the Shin Megami Tensei MMO would be interesting? "
    The story isnt anywhere near as interesting but a short one would surely be fun. Especially since its a free MMO then everyone could meet up with them and do stuff. We could be the story :p"

Now that's what I'm talking about!  I've long believed that this website would greatly benefit from more community-oriented events.  Giant Bombers enjoy this site a lot and there's more of an indirect relationship with the staff because there are not tons of people (only 4, ~8 if you count those not directly the "figures" of Giant Bomb).  Having a GB community crash in an MMO (kind of like NoobToob has done) would be really fun, in my opinion.

@Agnogenic: I have no clue. :P  I'm thinking of trying it but I really don't feel like getting into an MMO right now...
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pazy

MegaTen is a really good free MMO. Though compared to WoW/WaR etc. it not so great. But it has most of the stuff Persona has in terms of gameplay (i.e. not the story) like have a monster partner who has all your special abilies (and you just twat things) and you can fuse 2 or 3 monsters for other things. But mostly its just talkign to monsters and trying to get them on your side (missing from P3 and P4) and then going into progressivly harder versions of dungeons and getting better armour and mounts and such.

For a free MMO its pretty good but its heavily focused on dungeon combat, theres very little else to it. Im trying out DDO and hoping it has less of a combat focus but also has some story to it and maybe a community who actually talks to each other.

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wildfire570

Maybe we need to give the MxO recommendation for other MMOs. Its the least we could do for them.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pazy
    @Wildfire570 said:
    " Maybe we need to give the MxO recommendation for other MMOs. Its the least we could do for them. "
    Im trying to think of similer MMO's but the main diffentiating factor (beyond admin/dev's being involved in the community more) is the fact its in a modern day city and I cant think of any similer ones. Apart from that from the perspective of an outsider it seems like most other MMO's as most other MMO's feel like each other.
    Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wildfire570

Yeah I can't think of any MMOs like the MxO...

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Absurd
    @Wildfire570 said:
    " Yeah I can't think of any MMOs like the MxO... "
    Anarchy Online is pretty close, except way more complicated
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vision

Another MMO or a MxO private server perhaps.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Brendan

They'll probably spend their time giving Giantbomb viruses, since, judging by their forums, they are kind of pissed at us haha.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By breadfan

Well considering they all seem to be 11 years old they will probably get into Runescape

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pazy
    @Vision said:
    MxO private server perhaps. "

I had a look but I couldent find one. I found a bunch of listed sites but none of them were up and no one seems to know of one so I dont think they have cracked it yet. And considering its going down tonight I dotn think they ever will. 

@Br3adfan said:

" Well considering they all seem to be 11 years old they will probably get into Runescape "
    Thats just not needed man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.