Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

Weird - I "broke" Tales of the Arabian Nights

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By whitegreyblack

I was playing on my iPad today and had two balls locked on the Tales of the Arabian Nights. Somehow I got a third ball up into the harem/lock area and the table "broke" when the ball got lodged on top of the others - it actually stopped working and the table tries to reset itself "mechanically" and makes a grinding noise the same as you'd expect in real life if that happened.

I tried bumping the table (eventually triggering tilt) and calling the attendant before & after hitting the tilt state (tells me the ball is not stuck) so now the table sits on tilt mode, grinding and popping every 30 seconds or so in an attempt to reset the bumpers & ramps.

Now, I knew this game was realistic, but I guess I didn't realize just HOW realistic it could be.

Has anyone else had something wacky like this occur in the game?

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I actually had my ball fly off of the table on the ramp of one of the tables... I forget which one it was unfortunately. That was the first time I had to call an attendant.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

I'm breaking tables all the time if ya know what i'm sayin' Wooo!

...i'm saying the game is buggy as hell, is what i'm saying.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually had my ball fly off of the table on the ramp of one of the tables... I forget which one it was unfortunately. That was the first time I had to call an attendant.

Yep, same here, more than once. Not always off a ramp, either; sometimes the ball just decided "Fuck this" and made a break for it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whitegreyblack

Very interesting to hear I'm not the only one to have something break spectacularly. This game is bananas!

On an aside, on PC tonight I defeated the genie and released the princess... and finished with over 71 million points! Incredible considering the best I have ever done before is about 24 million; and I generally am pretty terrible at pinball.

kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Unfortunately, Pinball Arcade is somewhat notorious for balls getting stuck or going through thin walls. For example, hard shots aimed at the Camera hole in TZ can fail to register for this reason (going through the diverter).

It'll be something if they ever produce High Speed II, since the Supercharger on that game was known for eating pinball in real life. (Of course, they'd have to find a way to relicense the ZZ Top song first.)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I deeply miss when pinball (and frankly most NES and earlier video games) had such crude tools to assemble gameplay with that your imagination had to do like 90% of the work. It still really pleases me to consider the sheer number of different tasks and objectives various pinball games threw at you, which were all ultimately wrapped around the framework of "aaaaaand you'll be completing this objective by hitting these various bumpers and ramps and spinners".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.