Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

What makes pinball/virtual pinball so delightful?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

I'm sure most will agree that virtual pinball doesn't compare to the real thing, but it is still a fun experience, and decided to include it in the discussion, (since this is in a videogame sub board).

Right, then. Onto the discussion.

What makes pinball such a delightful experience? Is it the flashing lights? The beeps and boops? The high score-ability? Is it the accomplished, keep-it-going mentality when you boost your score and hit multipliers? Is it pulling back the lever and shooting the ball straight into the proverbial stratosphere? Whacking the balls with the flippers?

I've always had a blast with pinball when I was a little guy and to a similar extent, I always had fun with virtual pinball. There's something oddly hypnotic and peaceful about it, but at the same time, there's a sense of wonderment as my eyes comb over the flashing lights and slicked-up boards. It's just good, clean fun that's not overly technical or requiring of intense concentration. That's a good thing. You still get into it, but you're still able to relax and have fun with it and enjoy the alluring nature of the astounding oil-bound play-field.

So, Giant Bombers, what makes pinball so special and delightful for you?

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jrinswand

It's freaking pinball. What's to wonder?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any actual pinball machines within 100 miles of where I currently am, otherwise I'd be there right now.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By buzz_killington

I can't fucking stop playing these damned tables! I'm finding that my visits to the bathroom are taking SIGNIFICANTLY longer because of this game. It's a good thing that I haven't played any of these tables in real life, because real pinball is a whole of fun of an entirely different kind.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jrinswand
    @buzz_killington said:

I'm finding that my visits to the bathroom are taking SIGNIFICANTLY longer because of this game.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this. Why does playing pinball make you spend a long time in the bathroom?
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By buzz_killington

@Jrinswand said:

@buzz_killington said:

I'm finding that my visits to the bathroom are taking SIGNIFICANTLY longer because of this game.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by this. Why does playing pinball make you spend a long time in the bathroom?

I'm sitting there playing it on my iPad. You usually wanna get in and out as soon as possible, but then you're so absorbed in the game that you can't. It was a little joke on the whole 'bathroom gaming' phenomenon of mobile games.

When you have to explain a joke, you know it's good and funny!

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jrinswand
    @buzz_killington said:

@Jrinswand said:

@buzz_killington said:

I'm sitting there playing it on my iPad. You usually wanna get in and out as soon as possible, but then you're so absorbed in the game that you can't. It was a little joke on the whole 'bathroom gaming' phenomenon of mobile games.

When you have to explain a joke, you know it's good and funny!

I dunno, I think the connection between "pinball" and "bathroom" was a bit too flimsy. I'm not sure anybody would've gotten that.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm

@Jrinswand: Stay on topic or I will beat the shit out of you with this plate.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jrinswand
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm

@Jrinswand: You shut up. You shut up right now!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Napalm said:

@Jrinswand: Stay on topic or I will beat the shit out of you with this plate.

What plate? Is it a paper plate? If it's a paper plate, then that's not so bad. If it's a tectonic plate, that would be much worse. Also I like pinball.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.