Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Quest For The Rings

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released 1981

Odyssey 2 game that's unique in that it is also played as a real life board game. Choose one of 4 classes of heroes in an attempt to find the rings of power.

Amateur Bombastica: The Quest for the Rings

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sunie

Hi guys :) I've made this little video today about a very cool and off-beat video/boardgame hybrid called "Quest for the Rings" for the Magnavox Odyssey 2. I like educating people on videogames and my favorite word is "um...". Hope you like the video, let me know what you think.

Shakey1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Great video. What a bizarre and interesting game, certainly innovative for the time but I can see why it didn't catch on. The need for at least three players for this game to be playable would limit how often it would get played I'd imagine and trying to play it single player doesn't look like much of a hoot, that being said when there is three players the "gentlemen's agreement" way that actions on the board affect the game could open the possibility for players to come up with their own custom rule sets or even maps.

As for the video itself; interesting choice of game for a console that doesn't get talked about a whole bunch. Maybe if you do another game that has such a heavy multiplayer component or cover this game again get a few people in to play it with you so we can get a good look at how it all plays out with enough players.

Cool stuff. It was an interesting watch.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By diz

That was great - I'd certainly watch more of your videos and have subbed in case you do some.

There are no real criticisms, aside from perhaps one minor issue; I'd liked to have seen a more close up view of the keyboard overlay and perhaps some close-ups of the coins and tokens. But it was an interesting and entertaining production about a rather unique and quirky piece of games history.

Thanks and well done.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Well done. Your voice is really easy to listen to, and you talk very cleanly. I most certainly enjoy your editing of different angles/screens during the show. Very professional!

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By sunie

Thanks for your responses!

@shakey1245, you're right about the multiplayer thing. I'll keep it in mind for next time! I'm already looking forward to shooting an entire run.

@diz, thanks for subscribing! I'll do more video's for sure :) Next time I should add close up images of things like that so that I don't have to rely on my blurry PSEye :P If you're interested, there's an image of the keyboard overlay in the Images section of the game page.

@yoshisaur Thanks! Much appreciated!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.