Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Secret World

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 03, 2012

Developed by Funcom, The Secret World is an MMORPG influenced by ancient mythology and legend.

Anyone still playing this?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I played a bunch of Secret World last year and then got out of it. Recently, I got back into it again and created a new character. I'm already in the second area (Savage Coast) and I'm playing with my girlfriend from time to time. But she can't always play when I can and I found it's less fun to play alone (also earn AP less quickly that way).

Are any of you still playing this game? I'm not opposed to grouping up. Warning though: I'm not great at the game and I don't really fulfill a specific role. Just playing for fun. Not to tackle difficult dungeons or anything like that.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still play it everyone once in awhile, but normally only in random spurts. It has actually been a few months since I booted it up. It is a really neat mmo in many ways.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@karkarov said:

I still play it everyone once in awhile, but normally only in random spurts. It has actually been a few months since I booted it up. It is a really neat mmo in many ways.

It is. The third area (Sun something) is the farthest I've ever come in that game. My only complaint with the game is that you acquire the abilities you want way too fast. There isn't much more to gain after that in terms of character building. Which is too bad because that's the part I like the most about MMO's.

Goku13K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Goku13K

I'm actually about to finally start playing this one after being severely disappointed with Wildstar. Talked a couple of guys at work into it to (Thanks Steam Sale!). If there are still Duders around on there let me know.

flomby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By flomby

im just getting into it now, not too bad. pm me if want to play

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of playing this again. I'm pretty much playing a good amount of MMOs (free to plays and buy to plays) right now, so I'm juggling them all at the moment. I think my character is Senra insaneshadow Yin.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*I know this is an old thread, but it seems relevant since the game went on steam sale last week"

I just picked this up and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It works extremely well with a steam controller but it has issues with FPS and big picture mode(if using touch menu's). Combat seems fine so far but the animations definitely could be improved. I don't really like the linear tech tree for weapon abilities and wish i could kinda mix and match things instead of having to unlock everything to get to what i want. Story and voice acting are great and the settings is definitely unique. My only issue so far is the performance on my gtx 980, you'd think i'd be able to get 60fps but that aint happening (could be due to steam controller/overlay).

That said i'm not a big mmo guy, i've dabbled in some smaller ones like Warframe(if that counts), defiance on 360, a little bit of swtor etc. So I can't really comment on how the systems relate to other MMO's, i do feel like (at least so far) this is a good game to solo.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally picked this up during the summer sale, if anyone's still out there hit me up!

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try to play this again and again but can't find a friend base for it. I hate Mmo stuff alone

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the only MMO i ever bought. Played 2-3 hours of it? But i dont remember why i stopped. I should give it a shotp, but you guys are probably playing on NA servers?

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Radish

I try to play this again and again but can't find a friend base for it. I hate Mmo stuff alone

Yeah this is me too. The setting of the game is really great and a lot of the puzzle quests are actual puzzles instead of just clicking on dudes and ignoring what they say. However I just can't play MMOs without people I know personally so I gave it up. If you don't care about that I would definitely recommend at least giving it a try.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrocBox

Whoa people actually posted.

@kubqo The server stuff doesn't really matter unless you're really into pvp. You can just click on someone's name, hit "meet up" and be taken to their dimension (TSW's term for server shards). Could even have guild members from different dimensions afaik.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crocbox: yeah, but i imagine ping would get destroyed playing on NA servers from Europe

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kubqo: I actually don't know if there are any location based shards; I just know that one of them is primarily german speaking, one is primarily french speaking and one is for role playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.