Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Showdown Effect

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A combination of action movie tropes and Super Smash Bros. style brawling.

Give this game a shot!

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I was hesitant after I saw the Quicklook and some other features if I should buy into the beta. But today I got some beta-keys from the sign-up program (I signed up a long time ago) and turns out the game is straight amazing. No game managed to recapture the frantic feeling of Deathmatch games in the late 90s. If you loved Q3 or UT99 you should definitely give this game a shot. Vinny didn't really put the game in the best light - its a splendidly visceral experience. I'm not completely sold if the game will be great, but if a couple more bugs get fixed, the netcode a bit more stable and they add a significant content boost, this will be one of my most played games this year.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Played a bit last week, seemed like there was something good there but it was almost impossible to get games, has this improved yet or are the numbers just to low atm?

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ectoplasma

It's very easy to get a game atm. They opened the beta officially yesterday so that's how I got in and I think thats why there are more players by now. Edit: Unless you also got a beta invite in which case I don't know - but it was very easy to find a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.