Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Sims

Franchise »

The Sims is one of the most popular franchises today with its simulation of life's most mundane and extravagant moments. It has sold over 100 million units world-wide.

The Sims 2 or The Sims 3?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So, I got The Sims 3 a few days ago and I am loving every second of it.

Which game do you prefer?

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By zonerover
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " So, I got The Sims 3 a few days ago and I am loving every second of it.  Which game do you prefer? "
    I'm pretty sure that most people are going to say The Sims 3 from a gameplay point of view since its The Sims 2+. However, I remember when my sister tried this on her laptop, it could barely work with minimum system requirements. She had to get a refund.

So my biased answer because of that is The Sims 2.
    scarycrayons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By scarycrayons

The Sims 3 here!   Not because of the 'content' as such (as, obviously, Sims 2 + all expansions has one heck of a lot more to do), but purely for the lack of loading times and simplicity of travelling around.  

Even though you could go to different places in TS2, I never really did, just because I didn't want to sit around watching a loading screen for a minute.  That, and when you can't just scroll around the town and see everything, you don't really feel compelled to go to other places anyway.  

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

Sims 1 was the best because of the expansion packs.  

But between those two, I'll go with sims 3. It hooked me on a lot better than sims 2 did.

beef_melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By beef_melody

The Sims 3 has a lot more potential as a framework for expansion than 2 but I don't like the way they've implemented the EA store items by limiting the choice out-of-the-box.  They also neutered user creation (presumably so they can make more bux selling reskinned items) so most freely available furniture are retextures.  The "living town" thing is neat but honestly didn't add anything to the game I wanted and just felt like a distraction from building.  So I went for 2.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba

The Sims 3 has some really good potential when it comes to Expansion packs.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Taefarinas

I'm a big Sims fan, but I can't play 3. The way I play is have many families, and switch between them. You can't play that way in the Sims 3. The funny event that sent me back to 2 (until medieval came along - that's like Sims 1 plus an RPG, sort of) is that I couldn't find anyone non-evil to date or marry for my only character. So I created a new Sim, moved her in across the street, went back to my main family, sent the son over to meet her (this is all within two or three minutes) and found out that she had a baby. A BABY! So, yeah. Sims 2.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phr4nk0
    @beef_melody said:

The Sims 3 has a lot more potential as a framework for expansion than 2 but I don't like the way they've implemented the EA store items by limiting the choice out-of-the-box.  They also neutered user creation (presumably so they can make more bux selling reskinned items) so most freely available furniture are retextures.  The "living town" thing is neat but honestly didn't add anything to the game I wanted and just felt like a distraction from building.  So I went for 2.

Yeah I never really played the sims, I spent hours skinning clothes to the exact ones friends and family used to wear and then making sims with what I believed their atributes and stuff were then just letting it go by itself. I still remember having it on in the background while some mates were over and looking across and seeing them making out in the sims, one of the funniest and most awkward moments of my life. Especially seeing as he was wearing the tshirt I skinned his sim with. 

I was excited to do it all again with sims 3 but no, they took away that option, touting their pattern creator like it was better, bullshlaka I say!
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have The Sims 3 and I really like it, I played 1, skipped number 2 and went straight to this but it doesn't feel like I've missed out on anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.