Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

(400 Days Spoilers) Question about Bonnie's episode

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So Bonnie is running through the field and hides behind a tractor. Someone slowly walks up to you, but you hit them with your rebar. It turns out it's Dee (I think that's her name?) and everyone gets all sad. But when I first played that bit, I screwed up and didn't hit the prompt in time. The camera cuts to the black silhouette with the flashlight punching me in the face and I get a game over.

Why the fuck would Dee punch me in the face? I knew she was mad at me for screwing around with her husband, but when I played it again and hit her successfully, she was being a huge bitch about me hitting her. She was planning to do the same thing to me apparently! What's the deal here?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Quarters

Dee was kind of shady. I wouldn't be surprised if she had manipulative tendencies, and indeed was planning to do something to Bonnie, even if she made her feel guilty in death.

ErgoMeSmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, same thing happened to me. Somewhat ruined the moment where you're meant to feel bad for killing her when she was about to do the same to you.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Somewhat ruined the moment where you're meant to feel bad for killing her when she was about to do the same to you.

Exactly how I felt. I was waiting for the character to get a bit closer before I hit the prompt, but ended up being a fraction of a second too late and was bludgeoned in the face with a flashlight. Kinda took me out of the moment when I killed Dee with the rebar since she had just killed me a minute before.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Oh wow that sucks, the first season did a better job of keeping you out of scenarios like that.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mrcraggle

This is the one part in the DLC I didn't really like. In the first season, the game did a really good job of hiding certain things from you but here, there is no other outcome. She either hits you and you die or you hit her and kill her which isn't really an option at all if you obviously want to continue with the story and no matter what you say to her, she's still just convinced you did it to be with Leland.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Bonnie was an ex-drug addict and i think the whole 'You Are Dead' screen there is just meant to put you in her shoes. You could say she was twitchy from withdrawals or whatever and she would have whacked anyone who snuck up on her.

It's lazy i know but that's my assessment on what the writers were going for. Although I'm pretty sure if someone slowly creeped up on me at night, with a flashlight, and without saying a word i would have attacked them too.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh wow, it seriously just gives you a game over if you don't hit her? The seems super lazy.

oliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

yh that was odd it felt lazy the whole dlc felt kinda rushed

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kishinfoulux

So do you ever find out what's in the bag? I'm guessing not, unless I missed it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@kishinfoulux: It's referenced in Shel's story. It's food and medicine stolen from Shel's group.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now I know what would've happened. I felt pretty shitty and in retrospect, thought I should have waited a bit before insta-clicking on the prompt. Good to know the bitch had it coming.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

So do you ever find out what's in the bag? I'm guessing not, unless I missed it.

@kishinfoulux: It's referenced in Shel's story. It's food and medicine stolen from Shel's group.

And probably the missing flashlight as well, which Dee was carrying when Bonnie smashes her face in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.