Episode 2 just squeaks by with the June release date..

#1 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/the-walking-dead-episode-2-release-date

So it looks like they will be able to get in the June release date, unless you have it on PS3 in Europe. XBLA version comes out tomorrow, PC and PS3 will be out this friday(Unless you live in Europe, their PS3 version is still not decided). Talk about cutting it close!

Do you guys think they are actually going to be able to get episode 3 out in July? The way this looks, that would be a miracle.

#2 Posted by UltorOscariot (171 posts) -

I would rather July be late and be a better game for the extra time than have a mediocre 3rd chapter.

#3 Posted by honeycut1 (142 posts) -

I'm excited to play this tomorrow and I agree that I would rather play the game later than have a mediocre chapter.

#4 Posted by Quipido (612 posts) -

I am looking forward to the new content, and ofcourse I would rather wait more in exchange for the quality... But it would be nice if they actually release good content on time as promissed. Well, nothing we can do really.

#5 Posted by Twiggy199 (496 posts) -

About time.....

#6 Posted by Nightriff (4911 posts) -

Good news, can't wait to play episode 2 finally.

#7 Edited by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

Fucking Hell, I should be used to having PS3 european releases delayed, but everytime yet another crops up it still stings all the same. I just recently found out that this Journey Collection thing also may not even be released over here at all. Bunch of wank.

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

I was really hoping it would be out today for PS3. Well at least it is coming out this month. I'm fine with the episodes coming out every other month if it means each episode will be polished and well-made.

#9 Posted by stoydell (58 posts) -

That two day exclusivity on Xbox over PC is going to be the death of me.

#10 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

I think its funny that I got the first episode on PS3 because it came out before the XBL version. And now the second episode is being released earlier on Xbox!

Curses!

#11 Posted by Zacagawea (1580 posts) -

Downloading it now, bumping to raise awareness

#12 Edited by leinad44 (503 posts) -

Played the first 5 mins, the intro was messed up. (In an awesome way)

#13 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

It was pretty good.

Kinda annoyed that some of the options that appear don't seem to correlate with what they say after you choose one. Also that it always comes down to 'do this or don't', there's no middle ground :/

#14 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (479 posts) -

God damn EU delay!!

#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@jking47 said:

Do you guys think they are actually going to be able to get episode 3 out in July? The way this looks, that would be a miracle.

It was never a problem for Back to the Future, Monkey Island or any of their other previous games. There's almost always been a month delay on one of the episodes and I don't think it's ever delayed any of the future ones.

#16 Posted by Hunkulese (2641 posts) -
@Quipido

I am looking forward to the new content, and ofcourse I would rather wait more in exchange for the quality... But it would be nice if they actually release good content on time as promissed. Well, nothing we can do really.

They promised to release episode two in June. What does your calendar say?
#17 Posted by Rabid619 (1091 posts) -

Wooooooo! Can't wait to play this later tonight. Hopefully the next comes out within the month period, but as long as they're worth the wait I'll be happy.

#18 Posted by Sogeman (863 posts) -

Sony Europe is trying really hard to destroy the lead they have here it seems.

#19 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

@leinad44 said:

Played the first 5 mins, the intro was messed up. (In an awesome way)

It's so brutal.

#20 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

When is it coming to PC?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.