Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Whats the release schedule for the other acts?

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Just curious, because I hate waiting, and I'm on the fence about getting the first episode now or waiting til it's concluded. I don't want to wait for half a year to play the complete game.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

I believe one episode a month was the outlined release schedule. I don't think that is too strict, however.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

They usually don't have a set release date but come out within the next month from the previous one.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blueneurosis

I actually like the concept of making it episodic, as it looks like there's a pretty pronounced passage in time.

Granted, I want to play the rest of the eps right now, but the scheduled releases gives you time to think about your actions and ramifications rather than barrelling from one crisis to another.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgnosticJesus

I hope it's more frequent then one a month. After finishing the 1st episode I can't wait to play more. Love the story, the tension, and the characters (with the exception of the old man, I hope he ends up a zombie so we can kill his ass).

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

@blueneurosis said:

I actually like the concept of making it episodic, as it looks like there's a pretty pronounced passage in time.

Granted, I want to play the rest of the eps right now, but the scheduled releases gives you time to think about your actions and ramifications rather than barrelling from one crisis to another.

This is one of the reasons i didn't like the JP game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spoonman671

I had read that they were trying to do one episode a month, but nothing is set in stone.  I bought the season pass, but I don't plan on playing any of it until the entire game is out.  I'm doing the same thing with the TV show and the comics (probably going to be a long wait).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.