Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Will replay whole game to fix my save files for the DLC.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I completed the final episode with some of my choices mixed up (game thought I took the food when I didn't) and with the DLC coming soon I want to set things right. However, it doesn't seem that rewinding my save file is going to fix things since I tried doing that before and it didn't work.

I also have an achievement glitch where all the achievement for Episode 4 didn't unlock, but the game thinks they did. I don't want that problem to affect my save file.

What do I need to do to make sure everything is good with the 360 version of the game? I've seen some people say they deleted the game and all of the DLC and then downloaded everything again and that seemed to work. Other talked about deleted their profile and then recovering their gamertag to get stuff working.

What do I need to do?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By golguin

Someone must have run into the same type of problem. Everyone was talking about choices not carrying over correctly. How was the problem solved for sure or was it never solved?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@golguin said:

Someone must have run into the same type of problem. Everyone was talking about choices not carrying over correctly. How was the problem solved for sure or was it never solved?

This is a problem that, to my knowledge, was never resolved.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have a feeling the save file will have very little impact on the next game. Sure a character might cameo here or there if they lived. A few throw-away lines of dialogue, but i doubt anything major.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling the save file will have very little impact on the next game. Sure a character might cameo here or there if they lived. A few throw-away lines of dialogue, but i doubt anything major.

Basically this. This is a collection of new stories around something that doesn't really involve the previous tale. There might be a couple references, but I doubt it'd take away from the experience at all. Not that replaying is a terrible idea, I've done two playtrhoughs. Up to you.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

Basically this. This is a collection of new stories around something that doesn't really involve the previous tale. There might be a couple references, but I doubt it'd take away from the experience at all. Not that replaying is a terrible idea, I've done two playtrhoughs. Up to you.

It would also get my save file set for season 2. If it was never fixed I guess I should just delete the game and all the DLC and then download everything again. Maybe that will fix it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@golguin said:

@thehumandove said:

@clonedzero said:

It would also get my save file set for season 2. If it was never fixed I guess I should just delete the game and all the DLC and then download everything again. Maybe that will fix it.

I don't think that the save file will matter that much for Season 2, either. It's guaranteed to be an almost entirely new cast and any references made to the first season will probably be vague enough that they won't need to make different permutations based on save files.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: Unless there's something small that I missed nothing from my season 1 save seemed to affect 400 days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.