Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Academic Research on Player Motivations

BBostan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BBostan

Hi Everyone;

I am an Assistant Professor at Information Systems Department of Yeditepe University/Turkey. I am conducting a research on "Player Motivations" and "The Witcher 2" players are included in my survey target group. I designed a questionnaire on Player Motivations which can be found at :

http://www.silentblade.com/Questionnaire.htm

Can you please help me collect data for my research?

PS: http://www.silentblade.com is my personal website and you can find more information about me and my previous publications in the website.

Yours Respectfully

Dr. Barbaros Bostan

Yeditepe University, Information Systems and Technologies Department

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valrog

I took your survey. Some of the questions I wasn't sure whether it was still talking about singleplayer experience, and with others I didn't know whether it was talking about my playstyle or what. But still, I hope this helps.

Also, I took a look at your courses. Oh man, ISO/OSI. That brings back memories. Otherwise, not a bad website. Not my favourite design, but it's clean and it works.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Your survey seems to misunderstand something very fundamental about role-playing games.

They are meant to play a role. I can choose to be a goody-two shoes magician or a sneaky thief who steals everything that isn't nailed down. It's playing a role. What I'm saying here is that it all depends - something as complex as player motivations cannot be sufficiently answered in a multiple choice questionnaire.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.