Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Anyone else receive a review copy?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I have so much luck with the fucking brilliant game.

First, I managed to get my hands on a Dark Edition only 2 weeks before release.

Then, I heard about how the team is sending out 1000 copies of the game directly from them (they might even be signed, can't remember) to people to create user reviews. I signed up and linked my blog page here at Giant Bomb. They must have liked what I wrote about Xenoblade because they sent me a copy! My dad just phoned me up and told me something "weird" came in the mail and he wanted to open it. I said go ahead and now I can't wait to see what they've included, if anything.

Anyone else get one of these limited review copies? What's in em? I can't see until I go back home next :(

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jrinswand

This does me no good, as it seems like all the copies have already been sent out. Congratulations though. I'm going to be buying this game as soon as possible.

SeaMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SeaMoose

I got a signed copy by pre-ordering it through Amazon. (It was signed by some Polish guy on the FX Team). It wasn't a review copy but congratulations either way. It's an incredible game.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By EvilKatarn

I got a review copy today.

It's a promo copy, so it's barebones. The case and both the game disks are in it, but in the package there was also an envelope with a very cool letter for the reviewer. It's also got Adam Badowski's signature on it, so I'll savor that.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

@EvilKatarn said:

I got a review copy today.

It's a promo copy, so it's barebones. The case and both the game disks are in it, but in the package there was also an envelope with a very cool letter for the reviewer. It's also got Adam Badowski's signature on it, so I'll savor that.

Sweet, me too. I'm letting my sister open it up and play it so I'll make sure she doesn't throw anything out, especially the letter.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By louiedog

Yeah. I got it last week on Monday and I've really been enjoying the game.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By procrasturbate

Shit man! I bought the witcher 1 on gog.com a while back and told every living soul to give it a chance. :( Still, a soon as i can i will get my hands on it. How are the achievements?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

@procrasturbate: The achievements are mostly secret so I don't know about the vast majority of them but there is one for 100 points for beating the game on Dark. I am playing on Hard so I don't think it'll be an issue though, It's not too bad!

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By procrasturbate
    @xyzygy Nice. Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to play it. CD Pro deserves cash. They make good products and really support them.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By louiedog

@procrasturbate said:

Shit man! I bought the witcher 1 on gog.com a while back and told every living soul to give it a chance. :( Still, a soon as i can i will get my hands on it. How are the achievements?

I got 2 in my first 10 hours. I didn't look at the list, and some that I've gotten since could have been achievement much earlier if I'd been trying.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Relys

There are so many things right with this game, I don't even know where to start.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.