Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Anyone importing a save from the first game?

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By borodin

First things first, GET HYPE! postman just surprised the hell out of me and delivered my copy! I have to say usually when I get the CE of something I don't necessarily regret it but there's definitely a part of me that says "that crap wasn't worth half that money and you know it." but the big box edition of this is really pretty awesome and imo was 100% worth it (even if the bust of Geralt got a little banged up).

EDIT: I just realised that read as if I'm trying to persuade myself I didn't waste my money, whereas my intent was to say, if you're on the fence about buying the CE, I think you should!

Thing is though, as HYPE! as I am, I wasn't expecting it to arrive this early and had planned on finishing the first game so I would have a save to import. I've completed it twice before so it's not like I would miss out on the story, it's purely for any carry overs or plot links between the games. I'm only just at the start of chapter II in the first game so there is still most of the game in front of me.

Thoughts? Has anyone imported a save themselves? Is there any kind of mass effect style 2 "last time on Mass Effect!" conversation they use to set choices for the last game? Or is it not that connected?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Playing Witcher 1 right now to have a save ready for Witcher 2 when i buy it after i upgrade my PC in a few months

that was exhausting.
    Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thule

There's no Mass effect style: "This happened" conversations, but I'm just escaping prison so maybe I haven't encountered it yet. It just imports your decisions and references are made in conversation.

Imported items that I have are my Raven's armor, which is alot better than your starting armor and Aerondight, which is like a tiny bit better than your regular silver sword.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By borodin
    @Thule: Okay, that's quite cool! Don't suppose you can tell if it kept the right version of Ravens armour for you? It doesn't make any difference in the scheme of things I'm just curious :P
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dingofighter

I'm installing The Witcher 2 right now, though I won't be able to play it until I've finished my current playthrough of The Witcher 1 so that I have a better save to import.

Well, I'll be able to play it, but I won't. Atleast I think I won't.. Maybe I should do it anyway. But it feels like Shani was the wrong decision since it seems like she isn't even in The Witcher 2...
    Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Thule
    @borodin said:
    @Thule: Okay, that's quite cool! Don't suppose you can tell if it kept the right version of Ravens armour for you? It doesn't make any difference in the scheme of things I'm just curious :P
    I haven't tested it with either Order or Scoia'tael armor yet and I can't check. I don't have any other saves other than my Neutral ending one. However, I'm assuming it's just the same as the one I had. The armor is a little better than the starting one, bu I think they just intend for you to find/craft newer and better armors.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Contro

Yup, I had to connect up an old disk drive to grab my old save. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.