Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

The Witcher 2, PC issues, experts needed!

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eclipsesis

At no point did i intened to play this game yet, i was happy to wait until i had a better system to enjoy it, however i found it for £20 and it would have been criminal to just leave it. i played the first section and the games plays amazingly, my system's performance on the other hand not so much. Here's my specs for good messure 

(laptop by the way, i have no choice desktop died) 
    Intel Core i5 460M 
    Nvidia GeForce GT 420M 
    4GB DDR3 

Has anyone experinced just poor performance? For instance i played StarCraft 2 on the same machine on High at about 50 FPS variable. However no matter what combiation i try on TW 2's setting i never get over 25 FPS, and thats bare bones settings. Has anyone got any advice or know if a patch is in the works either on CD project's or Nvidia's end.    

Its just probably my system TBH

Chriskje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Chriskje

It's probably your graphics card. TW2 is fairly demanding and your graphics card isnt the most powerful. You could try too update your graphics card drivers and see if that helps you. 

CDProjekt might patch the game and increase performance, but I wouldnt count on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

There was an nvidia patch/driver that came out a day after TW2 that boosted FPS by 15 or so. give that a try.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eclipsesis
    @arab_prince:  

yeah i'll look into it, cheers

@Chrisbbq:  

In all honest i have no idea where my graphics card should be placed in terms of power! 
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro

Have you downloaded the 1.1 patch?. I don't think those beta drivers are available for M series. 

M series cards won't cut it at the highest settings. I think you may need to upgrade. To a desktop.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By newhaap
    @eclipsesis: Also, if you're into editing .ini files, check out the post from BoobPhysics101 on this thread: http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=430456&page=57 

He has some predefined settings for certain setups, and I found his Performance Focused configuration works well for me, got quite a frame rate boost. But you can also tweak the values, again, if you're into playing with these things.
    Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flaboere

It migt be your settings - ubersampling should never be on, unless your computer is sent from the future. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.