Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

This game on 360's not working for me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I don't know what it is. I bought the game new earlier today with Diablo 3 (or I bought this game; my brother bought Diablo 3 on 360), and before he would play Diablo 3, he wanted me to install Witcher 2 to the hard drive first. As excited as I was to play it, with a great looking case; a cool 80 page booklet with story in it; a soundtrack; a nice sized manual, and a map, we put the game in, and it doesn't install. It hardly loads to make it to the menu where it has the image and name of the game where you play.

Initially, we put the game in; went to the dashboard menu for the game, and it was certainly The Witcher 2, but it said buy for $29.99, which was awkward. So I took it out and put it back in and it did the same thing, I then put in the second disk, it loaded, but the game would only install up to 40 percent until it would say the disk isn't clean or is scratched. After that I just let him install Diablo 3, and we played it for about an hour, it's a fun game. When we were done, I went to go eat, and just a few minutes ago, I tried installing the first disk again, the game came up this time, but it wouldn't even get past zero when I tried to install.

I instead said screw the install, and just decided to try and play it; when I tried to play the game, it let me update the game, but after the update, the game stopped loading with a black screen; the menu popped up saying the games disk isn't clean, so I should take it out and clean it, then restart the system. I knew that wasn't the problem, but I did it anyways, and it still doesn't work. Furthermore, the image that comes up when you put the game in differs from time to time, sometimes it's just blank other than the Witcher emblem, or it has a full one with Geralt and environmental background behind him.

I'm not sure if it's the version of I have Xbox 360, as if it is only later versions of the 360 that could play it without fault, or it really is the game disk. I know that it's most likely 99 percent not because of the console, as if it were broke or something. Should I just go return it? I don't know why it wouldn't work. The problem (or perhaps it's not a problem) is that, that was the only copy at the store. I hope I can get a refund, which is really the only alternative they can do. I'm just wondering why it doesn't work when it's new, and looks perfectly fine on the back of the disk.

I also wonder if there's a way to fix it without having to return it... Damn.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Return it. Simple as that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@the_laughing_man: Ugh.... I just want this game. I don't get depressed or stressed out, it's very rare that I do from most things, but when things like this happen, it may seem petty to some, but it kind of depresses/stresses me out. Yeah, perhaps I will tomorrow. I really, really hope that this doesn't happen again with another copy of the game when I get it again.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try returning it, but I had a similar problem with Dark Souls. I bought it off of xbox live, and the damn thing just crashes like crazy, i couldn't get out of the intro menu's unless i just clicked eveerything real fast. Got through like one play through, saved, and now when i load that it crashes lol.

Tried deleting it, and reinstalling it, even tried a disk version from a friend and nothing ever worked. My 360 just wont' play that game, plays everything else fine too. Should have just bought it for pc smfh.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ntm said:

@the_laughing_man: Ugh.... I just want this game. I don't get depressed or stressed out, it's very rare that I do from most things, but when things like this happen, it may seem petty to some, but it kind of depresses/stresses me out. Yeah, perhaps I will tomorrow. I really, really hope that this doesn't happen again with another copy of the game when I get it again.

If Diablo 3 runs fine there is no reason Witcher should not. But trust me. The wait is worth it dude.

Also invest in that one defensive spell early...trust me...

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Try clearing your cache.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

If Diablo 3 runs fine there is no reason Witcher should not. But trust me. The wait is worth it dude.

Also invest in that one defensive spell early...trust me...

:P Thanks for the hint. Yes, the wait feels as if it will be worth it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehbk: Hm, I don't know why that would work, but I guess I can try it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.