Tips on combining light and heavy attacks?

#1 Posted by plethomacademia (2 posts) -

I keep hearing people say that you can combine heavy and light attacks to be more effective, but I can't find a good video/tutorial on how to do this. Does anyone have any thoughts or a link?

#2 Posted by mak_wikus (508 posts) -

There are no "combos", if that's what you're looking for. Experiment, man. Alternate between attacks and signs. There are a lot of possibilities in The Witcher 2.

#3 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

Just do one or two light attack first, then follow with a heavy attack.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Witcher 2 has light and heavy attacks? You just hit the left mouse button and Geralt strikes!

#5 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I don't use heavy attack unless I'm sure I can pull it off, ie. Geralt won't get hit in the meantime he swings his sword. That being said, if the enemy I am facing is vulnerable to heavy attacks, I try to set up traps or Yrden to make sure I don't get interrupted. Managing to get behind someone's back also helps.

#6 Posted by plethomacademia (2 posts) -

Ah, I've heard multiple people use the word "combo," I'm glad I wasn't missing something obvious. Some good tips in here, thanks!

#7 Posted by Humanity (8873 posts) -

I f you get the Whirl ability that does damage to multiple enemies, then you can sometimes use the heavy attacks as crowd control. Whenever I was fighting enemies that usually staggered a bit and weren't too tough I'd use two light attacks followed by three heavies. You can usually get 3 heavy attacks in before they block and stagger you, which is bad. On some enemies it's a lot wiser to just get in a bunch of light strikes and roll away. Always be rollin' (son)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.