Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Can my MacBook Pro run this well?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I have a Mac Book Pro and am interested in The Witcher now that it's available on Mac.

How well can my Mac run this if at all? I don't know shit about computers.

Mac minimum requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Memory: 2GB RAM
    • Graphics: Graphics card nVidia GeForce 320M (or better), AMD Radeon HD 6750M (or better) or Intel HD Graphics 3000
    • Hard Drive: 10.5 GB

Mac recommended requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 or Core i7
    • Memory: 4GB RAM
    • Graphics: Graphics card with at least 512 MB VRAM
    • Hard Drive: 10.5 GB

What I got

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 384 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0126

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Technically speaking, it will run since they put that the "Intel HD Graphics 3000" is supported, but honestly, it will run like garbage. I have a hard time running Left4Dead 2 on the 3000 so I would highly recommend you not waste your money on it. You would be better off with the 360 version if you don't have a gaming PC.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@wewantsthering said:

Technically speaking, it will run since they put that the "Intel HD Graphics 3000" is supported, but honestly, it will run like garbage. I have a hard time running Left4Dead 2 on the 3000 so I would highly recommend you not waste your money on it. You would be better off with the 360 version if you don't have a gaming PC.

It's The Witcher 1 though.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah, sounds like it will barely run, but not be a pleasant experience because of the Intel graphics.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

It'll still run like shite though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

Yeah that's true, but most people I've heard say just play 2 because it's better. I really don't think your Mac would run it well. I have a similar setup and I've learned to pretty much not play games on it outside of 2D stuff and very simple 3D games. No demo yet?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@AlexW00d said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

It'll still run like shite though.

That's not what I meant. He said 360 version and that is what I was referring too.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@wewantsthering said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

Yeah that's true, but most people I've heard say just play 2 because it's better. I really don't think your Mac would run it well. I have a similar setup and I've learned to pretty much not play games on it outside of 2D stuff and very simple 3D games. No demo yet?

The PC version is the only one with a demo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

Best solution: Bootcamp it (install Windows) temporarily and run the PC version of the demo. If it runs decent under Windows, it should be okay under OSX, although probably not as well.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@wewantsthering said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@wewantsthering said:

Best solution: Bootcamp it (install Windows) temporarily and run the PC version of the demo. If it runs decent under Windows, it should be okay under OSX, although probably not as well.

I'm not willing to spend more than the initial $10 to actually play the game though. But thanks for the information.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Winternet

Run it? Yes. Well? No.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.