Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

10 minute gameplay video with Jonathan Blow commentary

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here is a 10 minute video i which Jonathan Blow explains how this game or one of these puzzles work and how the game teaches you that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSrYiheVow

I somehow can not Embed the video but as you will see it really a great way how to "skip" tutorial text and explanations but let the game teach you how to play. He also said release will be sometime next year but I am not sure if this was really recorded this year or if we really have to wait till 2015 to play this game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

So it's basically Myst but with variations of line puzzles.

I do like the look of it - very clean. In some areas though there was no movement, no tree sway, no clouds blowing past, everything was so static I thought my video froze up. Later on you can see trees swaying when he's solving the black/white box puzzles so I'm sure it's just some finishing touches that need to be put on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.