Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

THQ

Company »

THQ Inc. (Toy Headquarters) was a global American developer and publisher of video games.

THQ, Humble Bundle Team for Cheap Games, Charity

• 191 results
    JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

@insanejedi: Dont worry about it, Just spreading the Joy.

Avatar image for scottygrayskull
    scottygrayskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By scottygrayskull

Well I like THQ and would like to have them around. Plus it's just a good deal. As for it being skeezy... well, I trust the Humble Bundle people do the good thing, so I don't doubt this partnership.

Of course, if it turns out to actually be skeezy, that'll destroy their credibility. At least with me.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By chilibean_3

@ShaggE said:

@chilibean_3 said:

Red Faction Armageddon - RF Guerrilla came out earlier this year

Ya got that one backwards. Armageddon is the latest game (it's likely in here because it got soundly thrashed in reviews).

Oh snap. Yeah, thanks. That'll probably never get installed.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#154  Edited By mike

It's too bad that the Humble Bundle doesn't allow supporters to choose that all of their money goes to Child's Play.

The Red Cross is really one of the worst organizations you can give money to...look into it before giving them anything, even directly. I don't know about you, but I don't think a charity whose CEO makes a million dollars a year really needs my help that badly.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By david3cm

Hey, here's a Steam code for Saints Row: IIN2A-232LL-5RX2H. Have fun!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By ShaggE

@chilibean_3 said:

@ShaggE said:

@chilibean_3 said:

Red Faction Armageddon - RF Guerrilla came out earlier this year

Ya got that one backwards. Armageddon is the latest game (it's likely in here because it got soundly thrashed in reviews).

Oh snap. Yeah, thanks. That'll probably never get installed.

I'm installing it now, only because I get the impression that the main complaints are based on it being far more linear than Guerrilla (a game I found horribly dull despite the amazing destruction), so I might like it. And if not, no worries to be had. I'm bound to like at least ONE of these games, after all.

courage_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By courage_wolf

I'm really tempted, but I already have all these games. No 40k is disappointing but not surprising, Games Workshop does not strike me as being down with selling stuff for cheap. I would have given my friend Dawn of War 2 if it was in this though.

Zace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Zace

Bought one for me and one for the eventual Giant Bomb steam gift swap.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Doctorchimp

Paid 6 bucks and gave it all to THQ...

Vadered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Vadered

@MB said:

It's too bad that the Humble Bundle doesn't allow supporters to choose that all of their money goes to Child's Play.

The Red Cross is really one of the worst organizations you can give money to...look into it before giving them anything, even directly. I don't know about you, but I don't think a charity whose CEO makes a million dollars a year really needs my help that badly.

I don't disagree that you should investigate any charity you are thinking of supporting - money isn't cheap, after all! - but I would point out that executive salary on it's own is actually a very poor measurement of how well a charity group handles money. If they take in $2 million in contributions then a $1 million executive salary would be horrible, I agree, but the Red Cross actually has a 92% efficiency rating (according to snopes.com), which is pretty decent for a charity. I agree that the numbers look disproportionate, but the larger charities deal with billions of dollars a year in largely the same way a private enterprise would, and it would be very difficult to attract qualified candidates for the top without offering that level of compensation.

Again, I'm not saying the Red Cross or any other charity is good or bad to donate to - just that you shouldn't dismiss (or select) a charity based solely or even mostly on executive pay.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#161  Edited By mike

@Vadered: I have a whole host of reasons why I don't want to give money to the Red Cross...but that is really way off topic which is why I didn't really go into it. People can do their own research and decide who they want to donate to, although most never will and just blindly give which is really unfortunate.

Vadered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Vadered

@MB: Fair enough. I respect your privacy and your ability to judge things like that. And I didn't mean to come down on you or anything for that comment; I just wanted to point out that exec pay for charity in a vacuum is a poor indicator of efficiency. I hope that whatever charity you DO choose to give to is efficient, compassionate, and good.

Also, uh, thanks for the quest. Didn't even realize you were a mod until the thingy popped up. Yay, I suppose.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Terramagi

@Cowman said:

@Terramagi said:

Paid 6 dollars to THQ, 1 dollar to Humble.

Fuck charity. I'm already a bad person. I've made my peace with that. I could try and justify this and say "well I only really wanted Darksiders" but let's be honest that's on the level of saying "oh I only pirate games that I know I won't buy". If you're gonna be a scumbag, just say you're a scumbag. You'll sleep better at night.

I thought THQ was the charity...

I saw the smoke from the topic list, is everybody okay.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By freakin9

Ended up taking the plunge, though gave most of my money to THQ since I figure it's the thought that counts. I haven't played any of the games, though it's likely I'll only ever play SR3. I think it's past the point where I can actually gift the other games to people. Eh, maybe I'll play them someday.

Jackal888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#165  Edited By Jackal888

Chipped in a few bucks and got Metro 2033.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forget about the two "articles" from few days ago.
    The Penny Arcade report about this bundle is what's really wrong with the industry.

rox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By rox360

Done, for THQ's sake. For the record, since Saints Row is their pay-above-average bonus, you get a separate Steam key for that game. So if you already have it but would still like the rest of the bundle, you can always give that key to someone else. Someone else who deserves to play Saints Row. Can't wait to finally dig into it, myself.

Stradimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Stradimus

Given that THQ so an almost 38% in its stock price yesterday, is there anyone that thinks that this is actually a stable increase or is it pretty much assumed that this is the flash in the pan before the death of this company?

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#169  Edited By BillyMethers

@MB said:

@Vadered: I have a whole host of reasons why I don't want to give money to the Red Cross...but that is really way off topic which is why I didn't really go into it. People can do their own research and decide who they want to donate to, although most never will and just blindly give which is really unfortunate.

That's awesome MB. Do you listen to the No Agenda show? they've uncovered a whole bunch of things about the Red Cross including how they didnt help fix Haiti and that most of the money goes into running the Red Cross, not aiding people. They also found out how all the money donated was embezzled into building a hotel & resort (for the Clintons) instead of going to help the people.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#170  Edited By gbrading

If it means THQ can fund Volition to make Saints Row: The Fourth, then I'm all for it. Since THQ is floundering I don't mind helping to bolster them a little.

seek83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#171  Edited By seek83

An amazing deal. I drained my bank account on it. Well, all $7 that was there. Now, a PC that can run them!

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Christoffer

Too bad I already own most of these games, but I might chip in just to save my beloved teeagecue. I don't actually own Darksiders yet.

Good tip switching to Russian voice in Metro. I've only played it in broken english. Maybe I'll give the game another playthrough when I upgrade my PC come spring... ish. When I can finally play it in native resolution.

"Even the apocolypse didn't stop us from killing eachother over ideology." Love that game.

Mjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#173  Edited By Mjolnir

Likewise, I'm mostly doing this for THQ (84% for THQ, to be precise). Only other big reason was that I wanted the Saints Row: The Third soundtrack.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By evilrazer

As a person from Ukraine, I approve what Patric had to say about Metro 2033.

demento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By demento

Don't be a cheapskate! THQ and Child's Play could really use the money! I would like to see that average price rise above the $10 mark.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By asmo29a

From what it says on the bundle site, the games come in the form steam keys, don't they. Which means I still can't get Saint's Row, even through the Humble Bundle, because I would still end up with the censored german version on Steam. Fuck.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#177  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@asmo29a said:

From what it says on the bundle site, the games come in the form steam keys, don't they. Which means I still can't get Saint's Row, even through the Humble Bundle, because I would still end up with the censored german version on Steam. Fuck.

Yeah, I've seen several comments from Germans saying the Humble Bundle SR3 key isn't even redeemable in Germany, so you don't even get the censored version. Don't know if you can get around that by using proxy stuff or something like that.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#178  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@Demento said:

Don't be a cheapskate! THQ and Child's Play could really use the money! I would like to see that average price rise above the $10 mark.

Yeah, I owned all the games except SR3 already, still paid them $14 for it, as I felt that's a pretty reasonable price for that game, that's about what I can afford to spend at the moment and they need as much money as I can afford to give them. People holding out for the average to lower or just paying $1 and giving none of it to THQ was pretty discomforting. :(

Palaeomerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Palaeomerus

I gave them $10. Before you have a fit about that, bear the following in mind:

I already had all the games except for the CoH add ons. I doubt I am going to play those add ons ever.

Heck before this deal, I already had a free extra copy of Red Faction Guerilla(360) that I got mailed to me for buying Darksiders and registering a code that came with it, and a free extra copy of Darksiders (360) that I got mailed to me for buying either Red Faction:Armageddon or 40K Space Marine. (I forget which). I already had SR3. I doubt I'll play that any more. I already had Metro 2033. Not gonna play that again. I already had Red faction: Armageddon too (not one of my better purchases really).

I sent them $10 to download the soundtracks really.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By jsnyder82

Man, the people that would bitch about somebody only putting in a little bit of money. Fuck those people. What ever happened to "Every cent counts?"

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#181  Edited By kagato

I had some of the games already but this is still a great deal, plus, i kind of want to help THQ out a little bit, they have brought me two of my favourite games this year with Sants Row the third and Darksiders II. I also really enjoyed Red Faction but have yet to play any of the COH games. Ill start installing these once the novelty of my new WiiU starts to wear off ^_^

Palaeomerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Palaeomerus

@bigsmoke77 said:

@TromboneTony: THQ is not doing this to try and support itself, they are not that dumb, they get to be seen in a positive light by promoting charity and by supporting different business models. All of these games except for saints row have been available for 5 bucks each during the steam sale, if someone is not going to buy a game at 5 bucks then their probably never going to buy them. This is THQ milking the last bit out of these games and all of these games except for Red Fraction have or there will soon be a another game in the franchise. Someone might get this deal, play metro 2033 or the company of heroes games and really love it, and as a result buy metro light or the new company of heroes game.

Not to mention at least two of these games have DLC for THQ and Valve to make more money on and one has a sequel out. Give away a razor to sell blades and all that.

joelalfaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By joelalfaro

People should just CHILL.

squidracerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#184  Edited By squidracerx

I already had most of the games on console already (Darksiders, Metro, and Red Faction), and want Saints Row on console still; but this way i have em on Steam too for only $6.50 more (which is what i paid since I already own them except company of Heroes which i didn't want anyway). BUT i got it for my brother as well so remember you can gift this to someone!! And it comes with most of the SOUNDTRACKS as well, Saints Row one is pretty darn good!

arimajinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By arimajinn

Wow. Just. Wow ... RIP thq

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#186  Edited By zeus_gb

Unfortunately I own most of those games. Hopefully Metro: Last Light will be released even if THQ go under.

daigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By daigen

I almost feel like THQ is the charity here :P I'll probably plunk some $$ down for this, mostly because I want THQ to stay in business... I want my CoH2!!

It doesn't sound like much but I hope it helps in the big scheme of things. Spent $15 and gave THQ the 8-4 bump and Humble Bundle $2. Sorry charities, but at this point THQ might need it more ;)

im_not_herbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By im_not_herbert

Grabbed this deal last night. I already had Company o Heroes but the other games for what I paid, great deal.

mmslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#189  Edited By mmslayer

I don't even own a PC right now, and no access to one, and I bought it anyway.

Guess I need to build a gaming PC now . . .

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By jdh5153

So I just found out about this like 10 minutes ago after I posted on Facebook that my internet has slowed to a crawl as I try to download my entire Steam library (since I'm now dualbooting Windows on my Mac)....Needless to say I chipped in $6 like a cheap bastard and now have a good 60gb more waiting to download. My download speeds are already getting pretty slow. Stupid Century Link. It'll probably take a week or two to get it all done. Great buy though.

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By begilerath

Here goes a code for Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

?XN?Y-M5H5V-JVMTA ? is a letter in the top row of your keyboard (I hope Latin american keyboards have the letters in the same order as the rest of the world)

And one for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

5JC54-TPXT?-WK?ZX ? is a number

If you redeem the first code let me know so I can send you the DLC code for Red Faction

Enjoy random duder or dudette

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By begilerath

Bump?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.