Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Time Clickers

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 20, 2015

A clicker game where players control a team of sharpshooters who take aim at a never-ending stream of enemy cubes.

Avoid this game

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight

Was catching up on GOTY podcasts and got to the episode where they discuss this game so decided to try it. I've now lost more time than i care to admit on this game today, between my phone and on steam. i couldn't avert my eyes from it after a few minutes, then an hour passed, then more. Please for the love of all things good, get your "incrementally increasing numbers" fix somewhere else. I get a really eerie feeling that this game will permanently short circuit my brain after a while. Make the numbers stop!

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This can't touch Adventure Capitalist.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I play it on my phone alot.

Also Adventure Capitalist gets kind of boring. It just doesn't really go anywhere.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

I tried this game a couple of months ago when I had time to kill while waiting for a Marvel Heroes update to download. I meant to play for 10 minutes, but wasted two hours on this game. I haven't played it since. You can't get that time back.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

@penguindust: Thats why I have it running on my phone while I'm doing other stuff like watching tv or playing a real game. I could not imagine playing a clicker/idle game on my PC.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@excitable_misunderstood_genius: I dunno I think this game is a lot more fun to actually interact with. AdVenture Capitalist is a much better game to ignore and check in every hour or so.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clicker games feel like the kind of addictive cyber-drug my parents thought video games were all along.

Maybe they were right?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think that Clicker Heroes is the best game in the genre by quite a wide margin (not that I haven't played Cookie Clicker, Candy Box, Adventure Capitalist, Time Clickers, etc. for extended lengths of time as well; Clicker Heroes just does the most with it).

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to delete it, it got to the point where I disabled auto lock on the iPad so it would run while inslept

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I have had an aversion to trying this genre in line with your thinking OP. I did play Pocket Trains way too much for a while so I see how these things can happen.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Garris

@artisanbreads: pocket towers : what this is stupid = 50 hrs

Pocket planes : I'm not falling for that again = 40 hrs

Pocket trains : no I've learned my lesson = 30'hrs

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

There was a period of a couple of weeks after Jeff first started talking about this game where I got really caught up in it. It legitimately kept me from getting shit done in a very scary way. It wouldn't exactly call it "fun" either, because you're not really doing anything. I vowed to never give another clicker any moment of my time again. Fuck this whole genre.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I also started after the GOTY podcast and I have like a thousand time cubes now. Help, I'm scared.

Avatar image for the_other_mario_brother
    The_Other_Mario_Brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the game after the GOTY podcasts and then immediately deleted it immediately. Close Call!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The new Tap My Katamari game is pretty cool though guys... you tap to roll the ball and pick up objects. Just saying.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I stared at it for 4 hours in 2 days. Gotta uninstall it. Going from 1k DPS to 4 quadrillion DPS is novel for a bit, until you realize that it's all nonsense.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th said:

The new Tap My Katamari game is pretty cool though guys... you tap to roll the ball and pick up objects. Just saying.

Well shit. I suppose I should just get ahead of it now and quit my job, sell my house, and start living out of my car.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I started playing earlier in the year when Jeff was talking about it, and I lost 600 hours to that thing.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I played it for about 20 minutes and got bored. Tried it on the phone too since I need a portable time-waster, but no luck. :/

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geirr said:

I played it for about 20 minutes and got bored. Tried it on the phone too since I need a portable time-waster, but no luck. :/

As someone who has played way too much of it and is playing it right now and has been all day long. Its not actually entertaining in any way.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By NeverGameOver

The funniest thing about this game is the amount of time that Jeff has spent playing it. It is literally his highest combined game playtime on steam. And people wonder why I always say his taste in games is.... eccentric.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonsterDunk/games/?tab=all

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22 FinalDasa  Moderator

I spent a lot of time on Time Clickers but a lot of that was in the background while I did something else. It was good while listening to a podcast or watching a Quick Look.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaunage said:

I started playing earlier in the year when Jeff was talking about it, and I lost 600 hours to that thing.

Loading Video...

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This warning is applicable to all Clickers, though.

Time Clickers is one of the better ones, but I still don’t feel any clicker really has nailed the mathematical progression curve yet.

My first experience with clickers was during the steam sale with that multiplayer robot clicker … thing. I think they talked about it on the Bombcast and mentioned how the steam sale game was similar to something called Clicker Heroes, which also happened to be on steam, and it was free to play.

So I tried it and… ended up sinking 40+ hours into that dumb thing. Stay away from the summoner Clicker games!

I don't think you understand.

The numbers. Just. Keep. Getting. Higher.

See, in the beginning, the numbers go up really fast.

But eventually you hit a wall. And at first it's one that can be overcome. If you just wait 2 more minutes, or click on a few more monsters, get a few more gold, you can buy the next upgrade… and then the numbers can get higher again.

Every moment you’re not you running the game feels like you’re wasting time.

Then you hit a stage where, if you actively click or use powers, you can beat bosses you normally wouldn’t, and progress even further. That’s when you keep it running in the background while watching a quick look, and let it auto-progress to the bosses.

Thankfully all these clicker games eventually lead to a sort of dead end.
    You reach a point where the next hero or what have you costs too much, and where you’re not dealing enough damage to deal with a boss even if you activate all your abilities and click on them.

And I never really liked the “rebirth” (or whatever it’s called) mechanic where you have to start over to get “stronger”, because then I lose all the stuff I already did. Even if it’s faster to get back to where you were, and you’ll be stronger than you were when you reach the same “stage” or whatever, I just don’t like losing progress.

Only when I reach that point can I uninstall these things. That's when I'm done.
    That's when I'm free.

... Except I’m not. Because guess what? Clickers are even worse than you think they are.

Because you know what?
    Every day I spend not playing them, t
    he numbers STILL JUST KEEP GETTING HIGHER.

The fact that you can progress in them while not playing them has made me try all clicker games on steam I could find, including Time Clickers - and I check in on all of them from time to time. Even ADventure Capitalist, which I dislike

But even if I don’t like it… what if I just boot it up 6 months from now while listening to a bombcast…? Think about it. How many Oil Rigs will I be able to afford then?

How many cubes will I have killed in Time Clickers if I don't play it until the next Game of the Year podcast?

… Help.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm playing trimps right now as I type this. I'm mining at 3.8 metal per second. I don't know the end goal.

The Numbers just keep getting higher.

This shit is scary.

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nevergameover: I remember Jeff talking about this a while ago on the podcast & I tried it out because i too have "eccentric" tastes in games. There was a voice in the back of my head that said "Jeff has played more of this than you have, you are fine, it's OK to keep clicking" and I never actually thought to check his play time until you provided that link. Having played over 300 hours more then Jeff has i'm glad I uninstalled it two months ago.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funniest thing about this game is the amount of time that Jeff has spent playing it. It is literally his highest combined game playtime on steam. And people wonder why I always say his taste in games is.... eccentric.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonsterDunk/games/?tab=all

That's why I chuckle when Jeff says things like "I don't have time." This, the other clicker game listed there, PSO, whatever else he lost whole weekends to. Sure, probably has stuff going in the background, but that guy falls into random games harder than most.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep... clicker games are fucking dangerous man, had over 900 hours on clicker heroes when I finally snapped out of it, used cheat engine to get all achievements as a sort of "fuck you game" then uninstalled it.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I played a bunch of Clicker Heroes and then moved on to Time Clickers after Jeff mentioned it - I even made a video on it.

That said, I'd like to express my disappointment that Sakura Clicker wasn't even mentioned during the GotY Clicker Experience category.

I'd also like to nominate Sakura Clicker for Most Disappointing Game 2016. That thing has cute anime ladies and is a clicker game, it could and should have been the most compelling game ever made and... it just isn't. It really falls short in so many disappointing ways. Ugh. Go play Time Clickers. Except don't actually do that. You could. It's pretty fantastic.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By xymox

@y2ken said:

I'd also like to nominate Sakura Clicker for Most Disappointing Game 2016. That thing has cute anime ladies and is a clicker game, it could and should have been the most compelling game ever made and... it just isn't.

You click on anime, and when you do, the anime moans.

I take one look at that thing and I think, with a better patch cycle -- more frequent and smaller updates, bug fixes and new features, that game could be huge.

Unfortunately the game feels like they didn't actually play other clicker games that much and cranked that thing out because clicker games started to become popular, which may or may not be the case.

You even have a little avatar that you can buy dumb shit for like swords or skimpy outfits. It's the most deviously smart thing and should be way better than it is.

For a time I think it was the second most played clicker game on steam and now almost no one is playing it. Apparently they had some problems with their previous programmer, and have now ported the game to a new engine now under a new lead. The beta version is better, but the game still isn't there yet. It feels like something's missing. Still, I think that, if they ever manage to find that something, that game could be huge.

Cubes do not feature 800 different moans when you click them.

Just saying.

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldmanlight: That's what clickers do. I don't know why or how, but they all do. Adventure Capitalist is one of the worse (on these terms)

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ibarguengoytia: i feel like i did the right thing by deleting it from my phone/pc on the first day and just swearing to not go back.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Just say No to Clicker games has always been my rule.

Either that or write a bot to play it for you.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nevergameover: Hours played is a pretty meaningless number since 99.9% of the time you're not actually playing the game. I have like 1800 hours in Time Clickers, but that really just means my PC has been running for 1800 hours since I first played Time Clickers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.