Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Is it me or does Titanfall look exactly like COD?

• 52 results
    Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Yeah, it's not just you. I don't get the massive amount of hype surrounding what appears to be CoD with parkour and mechs. The core gameplay looks exactly the same. Not to say that it won't be fun, but it hardly looks like an evolutionary step

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By noizy

That 3$ CPM son. :P

I dunno. People like COD, and this is COD, but isn't. Feels new, yet right at home. Those who played it say it "feels" good. I guess you'll have to try it? Jeff liked it.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I dunno. I have to think at least some of that is because the guy who leaked the footage was playing it a lot like it was COD. Given time to actually come to grips with the game, maybe the on-foot stuff will have way more running along walls while shooting people etc and less just hiding in a corner, hoping somebody runs in front of your sights.

The stuff in the Titans surprised me a bit. I dunno if the guy just happened to be using a more agile Titan, but they kind of went in the opposite direction of what I would have wanted, where the Titan moved quite quickly but didn't feel terribly powerful. I'd rather a slow, lumbering Hulk that just destroys anything that gets in its way as a juxtaposition to the nimbleness of the on-foot stuff. But I can see where that runs in to balance problems and blah blah blah if the Titans can be jacked too easily etc.

Either way, it didn't really do much for me, but that's more because I don't tend to really find any enjoyment in FPS that isn't at stupid Quake speeds.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.