Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Titanfall not coming to PS4

• 185 results
    JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JayEH

Article

So it actually is a Xbox console exclusive it seems. Microsoft really went all out this one(and good on them I guess).Oh well. I'm sure Titanfall 2 will be on Playstation

Edit: Looks like Titanfall just recently became an Xbox exclusive, was originally only exclusive at launch, also not Respawn's decision. Per Vince Zampella Twitter

MalkavTheClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MalkavTheClown

Games Sell Systems-

Good for MSoft

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#shotsfired

It's a good thing I'm a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about crap like this too often.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good on MS for wising up and realizing how much attention that game is getting now. There's still the chance though that this will only be for this game and that Titanfall 2 may end up being multiplatform.

Sucks for PS4 owners who were still hoping though, I'm OK because PC

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good on them I guess... Online only is a no-buy for me.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JayEH

@jakob187: yeah I'm seriously considering joining the master race (but not just for this game).

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By leinad44

Well that sucks, because I haven't got a gaming PC.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

#shotsfired

It's a good thing I'm a PC gamer. Don't have to worry about crap like this too often.

This is what I was thinking, as well. Hell, if I could get Destiny on PC, there'd be little reason to get a new console in 2014.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Good on them I guess... Online only is a no-buy for me.

This

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be surprised if it ends up on the PS4 eventually. After Mass Effect ended up on the PS3, despite everyone saying that could never happen, anything can happen.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

There we go, Xbox has it's next CoD and the world keeps on spinning.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think this is pretty much a non-story IMO. Good for Microsoft I guess? I dunno, Destiny looks better than Titanfall does and it seems PS4 is going to be getting the better treatment with that game.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grissefar

Yuck that sucks a dick. The only game that feels next-gen and Sony fucked it all up, thinking people would be happy with Knack.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: that didn't happen until like late last year though right? With the Trilogy Collection. ME originally came out in 2007

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"titanfall" is microsoft exlusive

i doubt titanfall 2 will be exclusive

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that old news? I feel like they already said there won't be a PS4 version.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayeh said:

@zeik: that didn't happen until like late last year though right? With the Trilogy Collection. ME originally came out in 2007

True, but it still happened. Granted, that is a narrative driven game, so there was more incentive to push that through than Titanfall.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there aliens in the Titanfall universe?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@grissefar: Dude, it's COD with mechs. If there's a magical next-generation revelation in Titanfall, I don't see it.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: While that is a pretty good point, that probably matters less in a multiplayer game. Assuming that Titanfall is good and they make a sequel, it'll probably come out on Sony stuff (unless Microsoft throws them a bunch of money). For a multiplayer game, there is much less reason to go back and play earlier entries, which is obviously quite different than a story-heavy single player game (Mass Effect).

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummer.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm good with this.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall is trending on twitter btw.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bigjeffrey

It looks sick.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I built this PC. Maybe I'll be able to play it in 1080p.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
    RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. I truly feel terrible for those who thought it was a timed exclusive. Respawn were leaving crumbs of it around in interviews that it could come one day but i guess Microsoft has it all locked up now. Business is business.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@grissefar: Dude, it's COD with mechs. If there's a magical next-generation revelation in Titanfall, I don't see it.

I guess it's hard to see when you're too busy playing Hatsune Miku and Final Fantasy XIII-5. Anyway, I'm not a shooter guy but I love some COD, and I'm guessing you can't even tell the difference between COD and BF/MoH/Shooterman 4.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

I guess it's hard to see when you're too busy playing Hatsune Miku and Final Fantasy XIII-5. Anyway, I'm not a shooter guy but I love some COD, and I'm guessing you can't even tell the difference between COD and BF/MoH/Shooterman 4.

Seriously? Boy you guys managed to devolve this conversation fast. Well done. GG.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

It's a darn shame, but the first game in a series is rarely the best anyhow. It still looks like a lot of fun, though. I'll look forward to playing Titanfall 2.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I play games based on the exclusiveness

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bigjeffrey

Nobody cares that TitanASS is not coming to PS4. Keep 720p garbage off my console, thanks.

lol TitanASS

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar said:

@hailinel said:

Seriously? Boy you guys managed to devolve this conversation fast. Well done. GG.

Kids will be kids

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@trafalgarlaw said:

Nobody cares that TitanASS is not coming to PS4. Keep 720p garbage off my console, thanks.

hahahahaha oh you

@mariachimacabre said:

@grissefar said:

@hailinel said:

All the people to play the game have been impressed and have not said it's just CoD with mechs though. So he has a good point. People will sure be overly negative, no surprise.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thankfully the Nvidia 700 series took a nice big price cut recently so I am back in the game for the pc master race early next year. I am wondering if there is any actual xbox one footage out there to view? From a general google search all I saw was "e3 XB1 footage" and I doubt that's true as by eurogamer expo they were still using a PC to run the game.

M-dollarsign needed something positive for themselves at this point in time so good on them. Maybe this is what sessler was annoyed about?

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and before this inevitably devolves into console wars drivel, this is a bummer but I'm getting an Xbox One for Titanfall in March anyway so I'm not worried. And I doubt EA will keep the series exclusive going forward because why would they?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@mariachimacabre said:

Oh, and before this inevitably devolves into console wars drivel, this is a bummer but I'm getting an Xbox One for Titanfall in March anyway so I'm not worried. And I doubt EA will keep the series exclusive going forward because why would they?

Big sellers have before. Maybe Respawn would want to stay small and focused (they are apparently a pretty small developer right now) and Microsoft would obviously help them out.

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform in recent history, and they did not.

I'd bet it goes multiplatform as a series but won't be shocked if it doesn't either.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CptBedlam

@hailinel said:

Yeah, same here. No interest at all in twitch-shoot-duelling with foul mouthed kids, no matter what platform. I guess I'm a little too old for these kind of games.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the people to play the game have been impressed and have not said it's just CoD with guns though.

So there are no guns in Call of Duty?

Seriously, though, it really does look like COD with mechs, double-jumping, and wall running. And actually, that looks AWESOME!

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

"titanfall" is microsoft exlusive

i doubt titanfall 2 will be exclusive

This is the important part.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I wouldn't be surprised if Titanfall eventually end up on PS4. Maybe not the first game, but T2 or T3 might be a multiplat title. This is of course purely speculation, but I think the sales between PS and Xbox are going to be pretty even, with a advantage to PS, so that is a big part of the market you have to let go.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

Big sellers have before. Maybe Respawn would want to stay small and focused (they are apparently a pretty small developer right now) and Microsoft would obviously help them out.

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform before this game.

I'd bet it goes multiplatform as a series but won't be shocked if it doesn't either.

But it's published by EA. It's a totally different situation than Gears, Halo or Uncharted.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

All the people to play the game have been impressed and have not said it's just CoD with guns though.

So there are no guns in Call of Duty?

Seriously, though, it really does look like COD with mechs, double-jumping, and wall running. And actually, that looks AWESOME!

haha meant mechs... ugh apologizes.

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanfall isn't coming but I bet you Titanfall GOTY will be. :p

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#49  Edited By Hailinel

@grissefar: Yes,"I was being reductive, but I seriously don't see what's special about Titanfall. From what I've seen, it plays like an Infinity Ward shooter (no surprise there), but with mechs. If there's something special about, try informing me and point out where I'm wrong instead of mocking my personal tastes.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Obviously Halo and Gears, and Uncharted or whatever else, could sell a lot more going multiplatform before this game.

But it's published by EA. It's a totally different situation than Gears, Halo or Uncharted.

Doesn't mean it can't work either way. Metal Gear Solid was not published by Sony when that was exclusive. Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft. I agree makes it less likely but who knows. If Microsoft has money to offer, and again maybe Respawn wants to stay small or something.

No one knows for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.