Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Tom Clancy's Endwar is a real time strategy game in which the three major superpowers of the world ignite and engage in World War III.

So I played the demo

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fresh2deafbill

and I really like it. I am not a fan of RTS games but i really enjoyed this. Really considering it

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Davvyk

Im really struggling to get on live atm. how do the voice commands hold up?

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fresh2deafbill
    Davvyk said:
    "Im really struggling to get on live atm. how do the voice commands hold up?"
    i use the wireless mic and i think the wired is prefered but it works well.
    MisterGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MisterGale

Voice Commands are working really well over here. The only problem i has was that i have a heavy British accent, so Zulu sometimes registered as Sierra. Beyond that, the demo has left me wanting more (like all good games.) Going to play it a few more times and I look forward to getting into some online action.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fresh2deafbill
    MisterGale said:
    "

Voice Commands are working really well over here. The only problem i has was that i have a heavy British accent, so Zulu sometimes registered as Sierra. Beyond that, the demo has left me wanting more (like all good games.) Going to play it a few more times and I look forward to getting into some online action.

"
    do you use the wired mic?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

DL'd the demo last night.  The level they show off is rather unexciting and short, but I can see where the game is going.  Yes, you use a mic to issue all your commands, and the voice command system is very dead-on.  Cool stuff, and I can see that if the action gets pretty intense, it's going to be pretty sweet to use.

Honestly, best RTS I've seen on consoles so far, and the demo has me psyched about the game.  I just hope that the action gets pretty awesome eventually in the campaign.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb

I had a wireless mic but one day out of the blue it just stopped turning on. I loved it when it worked though.

OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By OfficialJab

Wish I had a computer that could run it  :(  One day.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

I played the 360 demo, btw.

Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mistyshadow

I just played the demo right, but I couldn't figure how  exactly to direct multiple units at once, I can only seem to direct one unit at a time. Am I doing something wrong?

Zeph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Zeph

You can go about commanding multiple units in two ways: First, you can group units into task groups by selecting one unit, hold the left trigger, and then press up on the d-pad;  then d-padding over to the other units you want grouped and pressing up while the left trigger is still held down. After selecting the group, press Y with the trigger still held down. It will create task groups in numerical order of creation and you can then use "task group 1, 2, etc." as a who command.

The second way requires the "Standard" voice command mode to be selected in the game menu (as opposed to "Lite"). Then you can issue a "calling all" command if you want all units of a certain type, or you can hold down the voice command trigger and speak the units you want selected (for instance, say "unit 1 unit 2 unit 3 unit 4" and you will see those units highlighted). I highly recommend Standard mode once you get used to the basic game mechanics, you can basically control the entire game via voice command once you do.

Hope that help!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.