Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

Take to the skies in this Clancy-infused flight combat game.

First Impressions: HAWX 2

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

Edited By Shadow71

So I'm a pretty big Ace Combat fan, I always loved the great combination of high detailed graphics, great story, and arcade gameplay. When HAWX came out they were ahead of Namco in terms of online features (namely coop), so the first HAWX game was very intriguing to me. The story in it unfortunately felt far to cookie cutter for me to pay any attention to, and really didn't have me interested at all, but the mission design was solid, the control was good, and despite it being kind of cheesey in comparison to Ace Combat, I felt the online coop made it a good value.

When HAWX 2 came out, I figured I'd be getting more of the same enjoyment, but unfortunately have just been having a lot of trouble getting into it so far.

• Once again I'm completely disinterested in the story.
    • On a positive note they do appear to have tried to put some effort into having good mission variety again.
    • Nothing really seems to have been done to improve the core gameplay.
    • Refueling is a cool idea, but should be skippable, and most of the time is more of a frustrating task, I'd rather have something like this as optional.

So far, it really just seems like this might sit on my shelf and collect dust more than anything, the original got a bit of a free pass for having online coop, but with almost no improvements other than a new campaign with another boring story, and some new levels (most of which use the same mechanics as previous), I'm definitely kind of dissapointed right now.  Looks like I'll have to wait for the next Ace Combat to get a nice new flight combat experience.
    Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shadow71

So I'm a pretty big Ace Combat fan, I always loved the great combination of high detailed graphics, great story, and arcade gameplay. When HAWX came out they were ahead of Namco in terms of online features (namely coop), so the first HAWX game was very intriguing to me. The story in it unfortunately felt far to cookie cutter for me to pay any attention to, and really didn't have me interested at all, but the mission design was solid, the control was good, and despite it being kind of cheesey in comparison to Ace Combat, I felt the online coop made it a good value.

When HAWX 2 came out, I figured I'd be getting more of the same enjoyment, but unfortunately have just been having a lot of trouble getting into it so far.

• Once again I'm completely disinterested in the story.
    • On a positive note they do appear to have tried to put some effort into having good mission variety again.
    • Nothing really seems to have been done to improve the core gameplay.
    • Refueling is a cool idea, but should be skippable, and most of the time is more of a frustrating task, I'd rather have something like this as optional.

So far, it really just seems like this might sit on my shelf and collect dust more than anything, the original got a bit of a free pass for having online coop, but with almost no improvements other than a new campaign with another boring story, and some new levels (most of which use the same mechanics as previous), I'm definitely kind of dissapointed right now.  Looks like I'll have to wait for the next Ace Combat to get a nice new flight combat experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.