Are the SC books any good?

#1 Edited by Twiggy199 (495 posts) -

I've been thinking about buying one of the Splinter Cell books for a while now and i just wanted to know if any of you guys have read the books, and if so, what did you make of them?

EDIT: oh and if you had any other book suggestions that games have bee based on, that would be great!
#2 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

I also have a question, knowing Ubisoft's reputation with Clancy games, do they have anything at all to do with the games? Is there a Sam Fischer? Third Eschelon? Does he have a daughter named Sarah?

#3 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

I've read the first two books and was actually entertained. I haven't gotten around to reading the others though. As bad as it's going to sound, I've also read some of the Halo books and liked those as well.

#4 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -
@UnsavedHero said:
" I've read the first two books and was actually entertained. I haven't gotten around to reading the others though. As bad as it's going to sound, I've also read some of the Halo books and liked those as well. "
Well that's not quite the same thing, in the case of Splinter Cell the books came first
#5 Posted by Twiggy199 (495 posts) -

In the books do you get a sense of the Sam Fisher thats portrayed in the games?

#6 Posted by Twiggy199 (495 posts) -

Are the books about missions, his personal life, what?

#7 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@Venatio said:
" @UnsavedHero said:
" I've read the first two books and was actually entertained. I haven't gotten around to reading the others though. As bad as it's going to sound, I've also read some of the Halo books and liked those as well. "
Well that's not quite the same thing, in the case of Splinter Cell the books came first "
No, I believe the first one was written in 2004 where as the first halo book was written in 2001.
#8 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

From what I remember, (it's been awhile) it's a mixture of both. But, the author did capture Fisher pretty well.

#9 Edited by Twiggy199 (495 posts) -

How come David Michaels never got a mention in the video games and why does Tom Clancy get all the credit?

EDIT: Oh did the books com out after the original game?
#10 Posted by Twiggy199 (495 posts) -

Read it, AMAZING!! 5/5

#11 Posted by Creigz (180 posts) -

The splinter cell books are pretty cool, they cover a more in depth timeline of Sam's exploits. I only read the first one that came out but it was pretty good. The books did come out after the original game. They even cover little things in em like an interesting noiseless alarm system for Sam to sleep while he's on missions and be awake in time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.