Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 18, 2012

Return to skateboarding game roots in this high-definition remake of the earliest games from the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series.

Who is TC and why is a gap named after him?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Just curious if there was a story behind it or not.

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I found myself wondering the same thing as I kick flipped it yesterday. I tried googling, but nothing came up.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sockemjetpack

It's the initials of Canadian member of parliament Tony Clement.

No Caption Provided

What a lot of people don't know about the honourable Tony Clement of Parry Sound/Muskoka Ontario is that he spent his youth popping sick ollies between portable roofs in Glendale high schools. All the hep cats knew him as TC and he became so proficient at it that they named the gap between portables 3 and 4 after him. It doesn't happen often but once in a while you can hear him in the backbenches of parliament performing 360 pop shove-its whilst waiting to vote on whatever is being proposed at the moment.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Orbitz89

@SockemJetpack said:

It's the initials of Canadian member of parliament Tony Clement.

No Caption Provided

What a lot of people don't know about the honourable Tony Clement of Parry Sound/Muskoka Ontario is that he spent his youth popping sick ollies between portable roofs in Glendale high schools. All the hep cats knew him as TC and he became so proficient at it that they named the gap between portables 3 and 4 after him. It doesn't happen often but once in a while you can hear him in the backbenches of parliament performing 360 pop shove-its whilst waiting to vote on whatever is being proposed at the moment.

Ladies and Gentlemen. We have our answer! Thank you, kind sir.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By George_Hukas
    No Caption Provided

I always theorized TC, was actually T&C.. as there are no gaps with the "&" symbol.

TC gaps usually appear in levels by the Pacific.. School (assuming this is California), San Fran, East LA, Australia. Town & Country is a surf company out of Hawaii and the connections between the surfing and skating culture are pretty apparent. I also recall video of Neversoft employees (maybe even Joel Jewett) talking about their affinity for surfing. Again, all a theory, though. Could just be some random guy. Someone should ask someone official, this has sparked my curiosity again.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twiggy199

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.