Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

Not Human Enough

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

Edited By Wesker

Played Too Human with my good buddy EightBitWarrior last night after he rented it and it was my first time playing it as well. The first level was pretty damn cool, and we both started questioning the bad reviews the game received. Then we hit Level 2. OH GOOOOD Level 2. Not only did the level go on for probably 2 hours, it also was one of the most repetitive levels I have ever played. You fight the same enemies over and over and over in the same looking environments over and over ad naseum. This is where the game failed. Variety. There is some good ideas there, but you have to wade through 10 feet of shit to get to them. 

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1  Edited By Wesker

Played Too Human with my good buddy EightBitWarrior last night after he rented it and it was my first time playing it as well. The first level was pretty damn cool, and we both started questioning the bad reviews the game received. Then we hit Level 2. OH GOOOOD Level 2. Not only did the level go on for probably 2 hours, it also was one of the most repetitive levels I have ever played. You fight the same enemies over and over and over in the same looking environments over and over ad naseum. This is where the game failed. Variety. There is some good ideas there, but you have to wade through 10 feet of shit to get to them. 

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By eric_buck

You know when you say God with more than one O it's sounds like Good Level 2...

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SolemnOaf

Ice Forest is my favorite.  Once you're characters are maxed, it's the only level that really provides challenge.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By darro

If its the level I believe you are thinking of, then I agree wholeheartedly, that level sucked the big one.  I actually enjoyed the game despite its flaws anyway but for a game that was supposedly in development for 10 years, it should have been a LOT better.

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Naughton

10 feet? That's a lot of shit.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine
    @Wesker said:
    " Played Too Human with my good buddy EightBitWarrior last night after he rented it and it was my first time playing it as well. The first level was pretty damn cool, and we both started questioning the bad reviews the game received. Then we hit Level 2. OH GOOOOD Level 2. Not only did the level go on for probably 2 hours, it also was one of the most repetitive levels I have ever played. You fight the same enemies over and over and over in the same looking environments over and over ad naseum. This is where the game failed. Variety. There is some good ideas there, but you have to wade through 10 feet of shit to get to them.  "
    It is really to bad that the game is bad because I it looked really cool when they were demoing it at E3 years before it came out. I would have probably played it if it had gotten better reviews. It is really cheap now buy the way. I think it is $10 new.
    Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Andheez

A lot of things are wrong about this game, but the core mechanic of shooting and swords is awesome.  They should have done a lot more with the story (pretty awesome if you know it already) and they need some kind of scoring or life tally or something to let you know you are playing well.  Also the well world (can't remember the name) should have had more puzzles rather than obvious switches.  Still, this game is a lot of fun and I can't wait for the follow up.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By pweidman

I loved the game despite the flaws which were way overblown by reviewers.  The camera is by far the most egregious, and it's much  better than NG2.  Anyway, Ice Forest is the most challenging level, not because it's long(it is), but because of the different resistances the enemies have.  The enemies in that level are very different in that sense, and that makes some very hard to kill.  Maybe having the hardest level second was a poor design choice though because I've heard this sort of complaint a lot.    If you can get by that and put some time into your character, the game gets sooo cool.  There is much to learn, and a lot of very cool loot to get.  My only complaint is there needed to be some new levels added via DLC, but alas, nothing came.  I haven't heard anything about a sequel really in a long time.  I hope they make one but the sales were poor(about 350k last I checked) and maybe MS will back away from the franchise???   The rep the game earned was really unfair, and many who've played it a while really get hooked.  Dyack just had a way of turning people off, especially the press....the game never had a chance especially w/all the hype.  Oh and the 10 year dev cycle talk  is BS.  They worked on the game for 4 years and had to build their own engine when the unreal debacle took place.  SK are good devs and have taken way too much grief over this game and it's bad PR imo.

ISmoochyI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ISmoochyI

i've always been interested in Too Human. I don't really want to spend a whole lot on it though. If I can find it in a bargain bin i'll prob pick it up...maybe...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60

I don't think I ever beat it.

100th_bullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By 100th_bullet

[deleted]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.