Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Toontown Online

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2003

Disney's Toontown Online is a family-friendly Massively Multiplayer Online game in which players compete in mini-games, decorate their personal houses, and save Toontown from the ever-monotone Cogs.

Should Giant Bomb Sunset this game?

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I remember playing Toontown Online when it originally released, it's kinda sad to see it shut down. I know that many people frequently made contact on fansites to circumvent some of the speech filtered options disney had in place so they could communicate more effectively. I doubt Disney would release details on the games current subscriber count, but it appears they have made the decision to shut the title down in September. I think a live show checking out the title could be pretty interesting prior to it closing down. I recommend anyone interested check it out before its close date because this is one mmo I wouldn't anticipate seeing emulated servers for.

Source

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If they did, it sure wouldn't be on TNT.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Yep, they should.

Awesome use of sunset as a verb here. A++

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I think it would be funny, especially if Jeff and Vinny were headlining it. The Matrix and Star Wars Galaxies entries were pretty great

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When these threads pop up asking if GB should do something my only answer is yes. (Apart from DOTA)

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@pie said:

When these threads pop up asking if GB should do something my only answer is yes. (Apart from DOTA)

yea, I was just gonna make a post suggesting the users around here check it out before the game is gone, but when I went to the games specific page and hadn't seen previous GB coverage of the game I got to thinking it might be cool for them to check out before its gone for good. I am not really a DOTA person either but I can understand why people like it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

I have no idea what this even is so....My vote is no I guess?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

@pie said:

yea, I was just gonna make a post suggesting the users around here check it out before the game is gone, but when I went to the games specific page and hadn't seen previous GB coverage of the game I got to thinking it might be cool for them to check out before its gone for good. I am not really a DOTA person either but I can understand why people like it.

yes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.