Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

trackmania 2 gameplay vidoe looks absolutely amazing

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By css_switchfoot

I was intrigued by this series ever since I watched this quicklook of TrackMania United Forever (http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-trackmania-united-forever/17-4202/)

It looked like a lot of similar fun to doing random surf maps on counter-strike, which I used to love doing. After seeing this trailer on gamespot for Trackmania 2: Canyon (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/trackmania-2-canyon/video/6330915?tag=topslot;title;3)....I am just blown away by how fun it looks. It is also gorgeous. I personally can't wait for this game to be released. There is some insane actual gameplay footage throughout that trailer!

chocbina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chocbina

@css_switchfoot: Good news, you don't have to wait, can buy it and play it now (just the multiplayer beta but that's the best part).

If you go to the Trackmania website you can click to pre-purchase and you well get automatic access to start playing the multiplayer beta as soon as your download and install is complete.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Cirdain

Embedded videos are a ting'

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @chocbina said:

@css_switchfoot: Good news, you don't have to wait, can buy it and play it now (just the multiplayer beta but that's the best part).

If you go to the Trackmania website you can click to pre-purchase and you well get automatic access to start playing the multiplayer beta as soon as your download and install is complete.

That work on STEAM? 
    I toyed with getting the first game.. not a big racing game fan but this one seems kinda neat. It reminds me of like a big interactive Hot Wheels track.  

My buying point.. How are the crashes?
    chocbina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chocbina

@TotalEklypse: It does not work on Steam at this time, and from this thread on NeoGaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440418 it does not seem like it will be in the immediate future, however the developers seems to want to ensure that anyone that buys it now will also get a Steam copy when and if it appears on there (so they don't have to buy it twice). Not sure that this would actually happen though.

As for the crashes I can't really say as I am busy downloading it now and haven't played it yet, however if it is anything like the others (which I believe it is). You can't crash into other cars as they are ghosts, it's more about a time trial type race on crazy tracks more than anything else.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Cirdain

Also I wish they could have done better with the music.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@TotalEklypse said:

@chocbina said:

That work on STEAM? I toyed with getting the first game.. not a big racing game fan but this one seems kinda neat. It reminds me of like a big interactive Hot Wheels track. My buying point.. How are the crashes?

It's Trackmania Forever with all the bells and whistles and then some. Modern GPU driven effects, body damage with parts that fly off and lots of track detail. Oh the game plays really well - the handling is the same feel just 'better'.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@TotalEklypse said:

@chocbina said:

That work on STEAM? I toyed with getting the first game.. not a big racing game fan but this one seems kinda neat. It reminds me of like a big interactive Hot Wheels track. My buying point.. How are the crashes?

It's Trackmania Forever with all the bells and whistles and then some. Modern GPU driven effects, body damage with parts that fly off and lots of track detail. Oh the game plays really well - the handling is the same feel just 'better'.

So looking at the Steam page, the paid one has all the crash goodies and stuff? I am a destruction junkie when it comes to racing games.  
    I adored Burnout games (most of them) for that reason. Games like GT5 I tried really hard to like, but if I cant run another guy off the road and get caught up in pile ups they just don't do it for me.  

If the new one has all the crashing and such.. and I can push some poor bastard off the track at the top of a loop de loop, then sign me up.
    chocbina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chocbina

@TotalEklypse: Can't psuh other players off i'm afraid. Also I cant seem to find a Trackmania 2 page on steam, are you perhaps looking at "United Forever"? as that is a different older game. as far as i'm aware there is nothing on Steam for this game at this time and it can only be purchased through the trackmania website.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @chocbina: The other guy said one of the games had the bells and whistles, such as crashing and whatnot ( which are on STEAM). I've never touched a trackmania game, so you tell me lol.  

I was just saying, if one of them does let me cause mayhem on the track ... then sign me up.  
    The tracks and stuff are very cool.. I just like to have carnage in my racing game is all.
    chocbina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chocbina

@TotalEklypse: If I were you I would give Trackmania Nations Forever a shot (the free one on Steam) as that should give you a good idea of how they all play. As far as I am aware none of the Trackmania games include crashes with other cars, the only thing you can collide with are the walls (and when that happens on Trackmania 2 you see some visible car damage).

Yamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yamoto

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB 

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Ah yes, good vidoes, they're awesome.  

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@TotalEklypse said:

@chocbina: The other guy said one of the games had the bells and whistles, such as crashing and whatnot ( which are on STEAM). I've never touched a trackmania game, so you tell me lol. I was just saying, if one of them does let me cause mayhem on the track ... then sign me up. The tracks and stuff are very cool.. I just like to have carnage in my racing game is all.

I was referring to what Trackmania 2 is (and it's not on Steam, yet) so far. It's like all the best bits of Track Mania but with a modern graphics engine. Carnage happens in Trackmania games it's just that in TM2 it actually includes damage modelling and because it's a speed racing game, there is no body to body collision. That said people's cars still get well fucked up all on their own.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By squirrelnacho

Yes I played the original but I'm waiting to upgrade my PC so I can play this game maxed out. It's a lot of fun navigating the different stunts. It's a simple idea but really good.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
    Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#16  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

Yeah that game looks fun even after the quick look I am really interested. Too bad its the start of the holiday season maybe sometime I will get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.