Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

What about the other environments?

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

I want to get this. I've had fun playing TrackMania Nations in the past and figured a nicer looking and maybe better(?) version for £19.99 is a pretty good deal. I was wondering if the other environments also going to cost £19.99 or have they not talked about that yet? It seems a bit steep for what is essentially a tile set.

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SharkMan

I heard Valley was going to be one, but i honestly cant remember where i heard that. And probably yes on the money bit, considering the other environments aren't going to be out for a while.

MAD_JIHAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MAD_JIHAD

"Trackmania 2: Valley" Will come next, im assuming it will be another $20...

panda21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By panda21

i hope they make an environment with the ridge racer handling. being able to corner at full speed whilst spinning in the opposite direction would be sweet

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

If they throw in some handling changes along with the visual changes then maybe I can justify paying the same amount of money again.

Airickson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Airickson

I guess I would expect that the handling model will change slightly with the new maps, just like how the car handles differently in Canyon when you're on a dirt road vs. asphalt.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karsh

In previous Trackmania games (United in particular), different environments had remarkably different cars and track building blocks. For example, the Island car was similar to Canyon's car only even faster (but it couldn't drift as well), while the Snow car was slower but could turn on a dime. Each played like a different game with the same underlying engine and track editor. Basically, each environment is much more than a tileset.

I honestly couldn't see spending $20+ on each environment, though. Hopefully they only charge existing Maniaplanet customers ~$10, if anything.

Anxiety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Anxiety

Nadeo has stated that they will be releasing one environment every 3 months over all of maniaplanet

So, one month will be a trackmania 2 environment, 3 months later will be a shootmania environment, 3 months later will be a questmania environment.

So, for Trackmania, there will be a new environment approximately every 9 months.

The goal is to have a total of 15 environments, and they will likely cost $25 each (perhaps less if you already own some maniaplanet content, I'm not sure on how they're going to do it)

@SharkMan said:

I heard Valley was going to be one, but i honestly cant remember where i heard that. And probably yes on the money bit, considering the other environments aren't going to be out for a while.

Valley was originally supposed to be the first environment for TM2 which shortly after, turned in to canyon.

Valley is still a possibility, definitely not out of the question, but we'll have to wait and see.

The other one in the works is Arena, which by the sounds of it will be similar to the stadium mode, but there aren't any confirmations.

Cheers

[edit] the post spacing on this forum is a pain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.