Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: War For Cybertron

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jun 22, 2010

A depiction of the beginning of the infamous war between the noble Autobots and the nefarious Decepticons, set on the Transformers' homeworld, Cybertron, long before they had even heard of humans or the planet Earth.

What do you think was the best Megatron for the cartoons?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Personally, and I KNOW im going to get crap for this, but I would have to say the Megatron from Beast Wars. He is VERY memorable to me, and he sounds just so delicously evil. Espeacilly his trademark "Yes" which he said like 20 times a episode after his sentences. I love the Frank Welker Megatron as well, but for me personally, I think this Megatron was more memorable to me because I have fond memories of the Beast Wars cartoon as a kid, and that show is still good even to this day. Now go ahead and question my fanhood, but its how I feel. Also, the Megatron for the game (WFC) seems a little off.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Damien
    @Raven_Sword:  Shit I was gonna come in here and say Beast Wars Megatron too.  Beast Wars was the shit and way advanced for its time.  I wish it would come out on DVD or something because man do I want to watch all of the episodes in order, especially the story arcs with Tigerhawk and company.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @Damien:

Actually, they are on DVD, atleast my friends claims to have them on DVD and I totally rented Beast Wars seasons 1-2 on netflix. They have all the seasons on their.
    RobJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RobJ

The very first Megatron from the original series was the best. He was a leader, tactician, ruthless and actually turned into a usable weapon himself. Very cool.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @RobJ said:
    " The very first Megatron from the original series was the best. He was a leader, tactician, ruthless and actually turned into a usable weapon himself. Very cool. "
    This. Though I'll never know why he never told Starscream to fuck off.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @RobJ said:
    " The very first Megatron from the original series was the best. He was a leader, tactician, ruthless and actually turned into a usable weapon himself. Very cool. "
    AGREED
    Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Gilsham

beast War megatron is pretty pimp. but G1 is what I will always love the most. 

p.s. I think the best comic one is him in his origin books that are really cool, he was setting up fightclub like tournaments for fired miners

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By Lazyaza

Although I think as a 'bad guy leader' the original Megs was better Beast Wars megs was by far more entertaining and interesting a character. Yessss
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By simian

The original series and then Beast Machines. The Beast Wars Megatron wasn't bad but Beast Machines was really quite dark, all things considered.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

beast wars is awesome. And beast wars megatron automatically wins for not turning into galvatron, who I hated

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ravensword
    @Lazyaza:

LMAO, almost six straight minutes. amazing. david kaye FTW.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By demonbear

The great thing about the Beast Wars Megatron was that he had a plan all along. Which is something the original Megatron never had, due to poor 80's writing mostly.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#13  Edited By Jazz

Frank Welker Megatron.  

I can never understand why people like Beast Wars. It must be an age thing. I watched an episode of it and cringed. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Lazyaza said:

"  

Although I think as a 'bad guy leader' the original Megs was better Beast Wars megs was by far more entertaining and interesting a character. Yessss "
    that is quite possibly both the most boring...and yet greatest thing I have ever seen....
    *cries*
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ravensword
    @Jazz:

Well, the 80s one was pretty cringe worthy too at points. Must be a 80s thing. Beast Wars had actually very good storytelling and story arcs, plus it was something a bit different for Transformers. Msot kids growing up in the 90s probaly had seen any or much of the 80s show, and honestly, to those kids this (Beast Wars) probaly would be easier for them to watch because it was more modern. If I showed a 9-10 year old GI Joe right now, theyd probaly think it was stupid and it looks bad.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ProfessorEss

You'll always remember your first Megatron.

Prime200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Prime200

Well considering that he actually Accomplished things id agree that Beast Wars Meg's takes the cake.  

Most of his plans actually had some merit, hell he was trying to rewrite history. Where as every single other Meg's plan basically boils down to: Go to stupid location, build even stupider device (cannon, purple pyramid etc), wait for autobots to arrive, ????, DECEPTICONS RETREAT!! 

I mean, come on G1 Megs literally had Prime down to nothing but his head once and still couldn't seal the deal.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ravensword
    @Prime200:

I jsut thought the Beast Wars Megatron had more personality also.
    Optimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Optimus

I was all about G1 Megs UNTIL I watched Beast Wars in its entirety, and I have to say I'm a convert.  Beast Wars Megatron is so much more developed and intelligent in a non-cliched evil genius way.  And David Kaye pulls off that voice so well.  G1 Megatron is a close second.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Megatron from Beast Wars. I hold that Transformer series close to my heart due to it being my favourite afternoon show to watch as a kid. Never really was a fan for any other Transformer series, maybe the one where Megatron was a 3 headed dragon. Which one was that? 
    DigitalJuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DigitalJuno
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " Personally, and I KNOW im going to get crap for this, but I would have to say the Megatron from Beast Wars. He is VERY memorable to me, and he sounds just so delicously evil. Espeacilly his trademark "Yes" which he said like 20 times a episode after his sentences. I love the Frank Welker Megatron as well, but for me personally, I think this Megatron was more memorable to me because I have fond memories of the Beast Wars cartoon as a kid, and that show is still good even to this day. Now go ahead and question my fanhood, but its how I feel. Also, the Megatron for the game (WFC) seems a little off.   
    Frank Welker's Megatron hands down. The difference between his character and every other Megatron, up to and including the new game, is that most Megatrons TRY to sound evil and mildly British. It's very cliché and terribly forgettable. Frank Welker's Megatron nailed not only sounding evil without trying, but you got the impression that he was a terribly smarmy jerk. The best villains in any story, to me anyways, are the ones that don't have to try to impress their impact upon viewers, but simply leave you with a strong sense of their character. This is why I think Frank Welker is the one and only Megatron.
    Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Famov
    @Jazz said:
    "Frank Welker Megatron.  I can never understand why people like Beast Wars. It must be an age thing. I watched an episode of it and cringed.  "

As in it's meant for children? Yes, obviously. But 'G1', in any sensible adult, will bring about cringes innumerable. I mean, it's straight up 80s-kids-show craziness, and it's always completely stupid at every turn.

After all, that's what most kids shows are. Beast Wars is different in that, along with the mindless action/violence, it was written with *some* skill and intelligence. There is a defined story arc. Characters are, like, consistent and stuff. For an elaborate toy commercial, that's not bad. 

But if you're going to watch it now and expect high brow entertainment, you're obviously going to be disappointed.

Oh yeah, Beast Wars Megatron wins in every meaningful capacity. It's not even close.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kashif1

megaton from cybertron.  Thats the only version i've seem

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By foxhound421

the answer to this, and any other "which gen was the best" question is always G1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.