Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Fusion

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 15, 2014

RedLynx takes their bike-platforming franchise to the future (and PlayStation) with the addition of a physics-based trick system.

After playing for a few days, my thoughs

PirateNipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By PirateNipple

I love the hell out of Trials and wanted to get my thoughts out on Fusion compared to HD and Evolution. These are going to be kind-of disorganized:

Before I list everything I don't like, I'll say that I really like the game and I'm already in for the season pass.

I could do without the trick system and the trick scoring tracks. I gave it a fair shot, and I'll probably try it again some more, but I just don't like the trick gameplay compared to the core trials challenges. I think the way the trick system works is cool (somewhat physics based with the stick basically directly controlling the rider's body), but I'd rather just play regular-ass trials tracks.

I felt like the number of tracks in the game was lacking compared to the previous games, so I went ahead and counted. The following numbers only count the tracks in the base game, no DLC:

HDEvoFusion
    Beginner655
    Easy676
    Medium112213
    Hard81611
    Expert475
    Total:355740

This also doesn't count any of the Skill Games (previous games had more), or trick tracks (previous games had none). I think it felt light only because Evolution had a toooon of tracks.

The difficulty is still there. I like to gold medal all Hard tracks, and I'm happy if I can even pass all the Extreme tracks, and so far Fusion feels right in-line. I still have the final 2 Expert tracks to beat.

I think it's pretty cool that each track has the 3 unique challenges.

It feels like they've streamlined the number of bikes; you have 3 regular ones (the 'easy' one, 'medium' one, and 'pro' one), trick bike, quad, and gimmick bicycle, and I'm totally ok with this.

The opening menu song isn't dogshit like before.

Just an observation: I think the platinum medal times are all over the place. I got 3 or 4 on my first run through a track (they auto popped in when the platinum medals unlocked), and others I feel like I'm a mile away from.

I'm pretty pleased with the game and will be continuing to play it for a good while, improving my overall rankings and trying to finish the final 2 Expert tracks. I hope the DLC packs feel beefy enough.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@piratenipple said:

I felt like the number of tracks in the game was lacking compared to the previous games, so I went ahead and counted. The following numbers only count the tracks in the base game, no DLC:

HDEvoFusion
    Beginner655
    Easy676
    Medium112213
    Hard81611
    Expert475
    Total:355740

This also doesn't count any of the Skill Games (previous games had more), or trick tracks (previous games had none). I think it felt light only because Evolution had a toooon of tracks.

While there are fewer tracks that can be selected in Fusion, there are also a number of hidden tracks. For Trials experts, there is a hidden "ninja difficulty" variation for each of the five extreme tracks. They can be found by making it to the finish line of an expert track with zero faults, and then bailing off your bike past the finish line and into a hidden warp area.

Loading Video...

And of course, there are also the standard warp zones, and some of the other more elaborate secret goals in each level. Trials Evolution I'm sure does have more content, but if you count all the secrets included in Fusion, thinks look a lot better for Trials Fusion.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@spaceinsomniac: When he landed upside down and rotated off the back wheel I started to think maybe I'm just not cut out for this trials stuff..

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@spaceinsomniac: When he landed upside down and rotated off the back wheel I started to think maybe I'm just not cut out for this trials stuff..

I would imagine less than 1% of Trials players will ever be able to reach that hidden level--much less complete it--and that certainly includes myself. Also, spinning off a rock or something lodged between your back wheel and rear fender is actually not all that difficult. Most of the other obstacles in that level would be far more difficult to navigate.

And that's not even as insane as this game can get. For example, here's a user-created level that makes anything in the official game look easy:

Loading Video...

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here's the hidden "ninja difficulty" version of Inferno IV. Pay careful attention to both the timer and the number of faults. The video is only around six minutes, but it's heavily edited:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.