tribes 2

#1 Posted by PLanter (48 posts) -

Tribes 2 is now totally free.

For those who dont know what tribes 2 is look at my bio there a movie of it. 

Its a pretty old game but a very good one with a very steep leaning curve, so dont go in there thinking you will own.

#2 Posted by VaultBoy (194 posts) -

It's one of the best multiplayer FPS ever.  But, is there much of a community left?

#3 Posted by PLanter (48 posts) -

The community is pretty small sadly =(.

Theres more people playing fallen empire: legions (wich isnt a bad game)
#4 Posted by Bucketdeth (8037 posts) -

I'll download this, I played it a long time ago and it was good, I remember flying with a jet pack.

#5 Edited by RyanJW (80 posts) -

Man, this is one of my most-played games of all time. I gave up on it once things started to dwindle shortly before the floppy Tribes: Vengeance came out, but my God did I love it — played it from the week it came out.

However, I think I'd rather leave those happy memories as... well, happy memories. I have a great view from my mind's eye of the game, and I suspect if I actually went back to it seeing the aged graphics and slim community would kind of damage my awesome recollections. :D

Speaking of Tribes though, check this out (watch the whole video for multiple environments):

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise/videos/rise-alpha-footage-showing-light-armour-game-play#imagebox

Really, really makes me want a new Tribes game. :(

#6 Posted by xionpunk (366 posts) -

good times

#7 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1164 posts) -

I encourage everyone to play it. Glad to see fellow tribes players around the community, was beginning to think I was the only one. :)

#8 Posted by MrMan (3 posts) -

I'm really jonesing for a new Tribes game that doesn't suck!

#9 Posted by Bioderm (194 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.